Volumio 2 on PINE64/ PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE Compute Module

The problem with the Armbian build is the dtb it uses.
The developers forgot to disable UART2 as it overlaps GPIO pin PB3, which is used for I2S.

Hey!
Thank you for the reply.

Iā€™m facing another issue with my current DAC and the latest volumio build from you.

The audio is distorted on my DAC, just terrible. Iā€™m trying to resolve this issue, but not sure what could be wrong.

I use ES9023 IC, 50MHz crystal oscilator (today tried with MCLK from SOPINE, and that did not help either, the issue is same with no change).

When changing colume, it does not do anything, even when at 0% volume it plays music.

The OS keeps spitting these errors into the console:

[daudio0],the codec_dai set set_sysclk failed.
[daudio0],the codec_dai set set_fmt failed.
[daudio0],the codec_dai set set_clkdiv failed.

Have you got any idea what this could be related to? Like if there is a problem with the driver, or my DAC IC is dead/damaged, or whether this could be a wiring issue probably? Sorry for this kind of questions, but I donā€™t know where else to ask.

Also this is the schematic I used for wiring up the DAC IC:

I chose R8 to be 220k.

If anyone can help, that would be awesome!

My hardware and low-level driver skills are not good enough to help you with this, Iā€™m sorry.
You might want to reach out to the to the pine64 community, perhaps they can hep you with itā€¦

Hi guys,

can somebody tell me, if thereā€™s a working version of Volumio 2 for the Pine64 (not LTS, not SO-Pine) in combination with their DAC?

If tried all available versions from the Wiki, but none of them boots after flashing.

Any hint is really appreciated.

Cheers,
Lars

yes, check the first post in this thread, it points you to the current version for the plan pine64.
I test all versions before I publish the links, so there must be something odd with your setup.
Verify the current version and let us know whether it solves your issue.

hello I would like information on pine 64.if it has wi fi integrated and if it is compatible with the official touch display .I would like to try it.rpi from problems with brutefir plugins and dac usb.which model buy for maximum performance?

Thanks for the quick reply. Must have been an incompatibility issue with the SD card, I managed to get the current version running.

Now I am facing another issue: audio output via the DACs analog out is very low, nearly unhearable. Analog out on the Pine itself works fine, HDMI as well. Is there any setting I am missing to increase the DAC outā€™s volume?

Cheers,
Lars

Try setting ā€žVolume Normalisationā€œ, other than that (and it is not perfect), I have no idea.

Hello,
I try on the Pine 64 thread.

Qobuz is no longer avaible. There was an update for Rasp, Odroid, etc. But not for our Pine.

I am not able to listen to Qobuz :neutral_face:i miss it.

Thanks

Julien

perhaps you can find a few more threads to post you issue, wonā€™t get it solved any faster though :imp:

Sorry. I was awkward because I was a little freaked out.

:blush:

Thanks.

even when freaked out, please do not forget all the community porting is done on a voluntary basis.
It does not help if you post in many different places just to get our attention.
A new version wonā€™t get there any fasterā€¦

Hi!

There has been quite a few versions of Volumio released since last version for Pine. Do you think it might be time to compile a new version?

Keep up the good work!

yes, I agree.
Try to do that the next few weeks

actually, we have just successfully worked with a 5.5.rc5 kernel for a sopine based custom baseboard with all audio options enabled.
So, let us finish that and I will build new pine versions based on that, may take a month or so thoughā€¦

Marked for SoPine64 for the next 1-2 months (including pine64LTS of course).
Pineā€™s homebrew DAC (es9023) may need a working alternative (supposed to work with a generic i2s codec like pcm5102a)

Note: several versions have been updated to bring them up to date with the current Volumio functionality, see opening post.

And updated again, due to mpd issues.

So much appreciated!! *bought you a beer :wink:

*I do have some troubles and donā€™t know if they are Volumio or Pine64 relatedā€¦

1. I seem to struggle with Network connectivity, I first have to power the deviceā€¦waitā€¦then after 5 mins or so plug in the network cableā€¦
  2. It worked, but when I added my Nas as a sourceā€¦it now crashes continuously when building the library
  3. It also crashed initially when trying to activate the wifi or add the wifi-dongleā€¦ (so am using cable for the moment)
  4. Itā€™s really awesome if this could run stableā€¦my Pine64 has been collecting dust for ages and this is such a wonderful task for it!

Ok,

So I did some testing today, and almost ready to throw out my Pine64 and or Volumio :unamused:

1. Building library was causing total crash galore, so I just rewrote the image and read somewhere that somebody managed to do the library thing with a Wifi connectionā€¦
  2. Setting up a Wifi connection is uhmā€¦impossible! I first connected with cable, then switched on Wifi in Network settings, then tried connecting to the Volumio Hotspotā€¦only my phone was able to (I also tried with my tablet and PC), my phone (samsung S5) was unable to load the page 192.168.211.2 ā€¦
  3. ā€¦now what?