Volumio 2 on Orange Pi PC

@spyking Yesterday I tried with the 2.5-realtek and 2.6 hostapd in the armbian apt repo with no luck. Hopefully you have better luck.

Nope, no luck - I tracked down the history of the patch to github.com/igorpecovnik/hostapd … xdrv.patch
but again - it seems to be for a different realtek chip. Will post back if I stumble upon something!

I have rebooted my Pi may times and when the AP works, I have stopped and restart it many time and captured debugging output. I then compared that output with a failed attempt and the debug output of both working and failed attempts has the same output (with obvious address differences).

The only conclusion I can come to is that there is some cold start condition that makes it work and about 1 in 3 starts from cold it works, so there is some initialisation in the driver that is missing.

I’ve done some more investigation and there seems to be some problem with the mmc1.
A short time after booting I get

[  102.077151] sunxi-mmc 1c10000.mmc: send stop command failed
[  102.077184] sunxi-mmc 1c10000.mmc: data error, sending stop command

And if I remove the 8189fs module and reload it

[  572.371452] rtl8189fs: probe of mmc1:0001:1 failed with error -110

If I don’t see the mmc errors after startup I can happily remove and reload the 8189fs module as many times as I like and create a hotspot.

I’ll have a hunt around the armbian forums to see if this is known about and raise a bug if not.

Thank you so much for your work on porting Volumio to Orange Pi! I am the owner of Orange Pi One and have tried several times to compile an image for it, but all attempts were unsuccessful. Tell me can I ask for a link to the finished image of Volumio for Orange Pi One? I am ready to take an active part in its testing and detection of bugs. Thankful in advance for the help! P.S. Sorry for my english. :wink:

Here are some images using the latest build of armbian mainline kernel 4.14.20 and Volumio from today.
Report orangepi specific problems here and I’ll try to address them.

Volumio2.999-2018-02-22-orangepione.img.xz image mega.nz/#!0nY0kKYL!bgGFGkMitw4t … 7AmINRtyH0

Volumio2.999-2018-02-22-orangepilite.img.xz image mega.nz/#!8uxkXaAJ!DBYncJi8isrz … DZLedJjOZc

HI

Can you complile and/or upload an image to Orange Pi Zero? Very need. Thanks.

PS: My English is not very good, sorry.

AFAIK The OpiZero doesn’t break out the I2S connection pins, you needed to do some surgery on the board to break them out, and the new revisions of the board make that almost impossible as well. So I don’t really see the OpiZero being a board of interest for Volumio. Or am I wrong?

You are correct. I think the current best supported ones are the OrangePi Lite, One and PC as they are H3 based machines.
I haven’t yet don the PC because I don’t have one, but it should be here in a couple of weeks then I’ll add a commit for that model too.

pkendall64 , thank you so much. Everything works fine, until no bugs are detected during the test. There was a following question: it is possible somehow instead of the player mpd to make player by default mpv?There simply are streams of radio that are not played by mpd, and mpv players play without problems. It would be great if you could attach to the Volumio mpv player. Thankful in advance for the help!

I don’t think this is possible with volumio. If it is then it would be a plugin and I can’t find one mentioned in the forums anywhere.
Sorry.

@pkendall64 Just wanted to let you know that I have not run into this problem again, with multiple flashes, and two different devices.

This thread will now be locked as it is obsolete. The discussion continues in a newly created ‘Volumio 2 on Orange PI boards’ topic by @pkendall64.

Hello ! First of all thanks for your hard work :slight_smile:

I just want to ask if there’s any instructions on orange pi one and 20x4lcd in parallel installation ?

Thanks in advance !