Volumio 2 on Orange Pi Boards

The new version Volumio 2.882 (Orange Pi Lite, Orange Pi PC, Orange Pi One).

>>>link

Xunlong started selling the Orange Pi Lite version with 1GB (2x512MB).
I bought it on Ali, and testing it. Working great.

Hi ktoanlba, thank you for all your work!
I uesd your build Volumio-2.834-2020-10-24-orangepizero.img
but the borad does not boot. I connected the TTL serial and find that the message stoped at
“Starting kernel …
Uncompressing Linux… done, booting the kernel.”
In this state I connect the LAN and the yellow and green LED are light but it didn’t respond.
just as the image shows. So did you also meet the same problem?
Did you build the latest image for the orangepizero?
Best Regards!

Hi Giachi, which img you used for your orangepi?
I used Volumio-2.834-2020-10-24-orangepizero.img but it stoped at booting,
can you share which build you are using?
Best regards!

Hi mafiu!Thank you for your work for orangepi one!
Could you please also buil a new img for orangepizero? I used the img build by ktoanlba but it dose not boot. I’ve been confused about this for a week :sob:
Bset regards!

A couple of weeks ago I received a USB DAC e1da 9038d. It should have natively played DSD128, 256.

But the output was the following:

:~$ cat /proc/asound/card*/pcmp/sub/hw_params
access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format: S24_3LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 352800 (352800/1)
period_size: 43691
buffer_size: 174762

or:

format: S32_LE
period_size: 32768
buffer_size: 131072

It can be seen that the sound is being converted.
I started to find out the reason, after reading the forums, I realized that I needed a patch to the kernel. It was only necessary to fork quirks.

I wrote a patch, compiled the kernel with parameters for E1 DA 9038D, built a Volume image for OrangePi.
I installed and received the native DSD sound:

DSD128:

format: DSD_U32_BE
rate: 176400 (176400/1)
period_size: 22050
buffer_size: 88200

DSD256:

~$ cat /proc/asound/card*/pcmp/sub/hw_params
format: DSD_U32_BE
period_size: 32768
buffer_size: 131072

The load on the processor is now minimal, it does not have to digest resampling through itself:

Download here:

Hello ! I’m still waiting for the full installation instructions on orange pi if there’s any, I’m in 2weeks no sleep for this project :frowning: can’t make it work

PS:20x4 LCD Parallel Connections will surely help !

Thanks in advance !

Good day sir! May I ask, how to edit the exec start file ? I’m stuck on that step , thanks in advance !

Please tell me what is the password for the access point “volumio”?

https://volumio.github.io/docs/User_Manual/Quick_Start_Guide.html

tl;dr volumio2

Hello everyone.
There were problems with spotify.
For half a year I have not used my volumio on orange pi ps. Build Volumio2.806-2020-08-22-orangepipc. During this time, the spotify disappeared. Re-authorization activated the spotify tab on the panel, but clicking on it opened a blank page. I have a premium account, but I could not get the spotify job.
Everything else (web radio, player) works. The same is observed on the Volumio2.882-2021-05-19-orangepipc assembly. Blank page on spotify tab.
Next, I downloaded the Volumio-3.078_ed1a_9038-2021-07-15-orangepipc assembly. Authorized spotify. Yes, the tab was no longer empty, you can see the playlists, but it refuses to work, although the web radio works without problems. Some tracks come on, but there is no sound. What could be? There is a web radio sound, there is no spotify sound.

Version 3.078 has an extremely old Volumio beta core, since July lots of things have changed.
The will be no more updates in in the Volumio 2 core of the Orange PI portings, so your issues must be resolved with a newer build of the Volumio 3 “beta”.
Perhaps the developer will have a “release” level version soon.

Hello.
Can You add WM8804 to Volumio.

Could you be a bit more specific so that @VyacheslavS knows what you mean?

I believe he means the patches from @mafiu from up in this thread…

Also @VyacheslavS would you consider submitting your DSD patches also as a PR to the volumio repo? Would be good to centralise things there…

Speaking of, Gé could you have a look at and merge volumio/platform-orangepi/pull/7 :slight_smile:

Merge done.
You may want to peak at volumio 3’s nanopim4.sh, how I use the armbian .deb files directly.
Still needs the platform-file folder for static stuff not contained in the armbian build.

Central builds would even be a bigger plus, only opportunity to have myVolumio in all Orange PI builds, like the Odroid’s, NanoPi’s, Pine’s etc. But this needs a Volumio 3 style build recipe in order to run within the central build script.
Volumio’s build server is Debian based, so it won’t run (parts of) an armbian build.
Also allows use of plugins from the new store.
Without myVolumio integration, use of plugins would only be possible with manual installation.

That was quick, thanks! :+1:
Will have a look, thanks for the tip!

Indeed build should be possible from the server - I switched from my repo to volumio’s a while back.

I understand It’s low priority for these non-mainstream boards, but would myVolumio then be officially supported on these as well? i.e for paid tier plugins?

If it’s only for the store, I guess such boards user base would be skilled enough to get around the myVolumio limitations for the new store :wink:

I would “guess” it is. Never had any complaints so far with Odroid or NanoPi devices, quite a few members use myVolumio (including the OEM users of NanoPi Neo2/Neo3).
I see no reason why it would not be supported in the sense that there is only very little to none platform dependency.
Simply said, if it works with a Tinkerboard build (which is my reference), then it is very very unlikely it won’t work with any of the other armv7 builds.

now you can only connect dac with PCM 5102, it would be good if you could connect, for example, hifiberry digi in which WM8804 is

Have you tried the image from Volumio 2 on Orange Pi Boards - #226 by mafiu?