Volumio 2 on Odroid Boards

Ok thanks, I connect directly to the 7 pin connector to get I2S to my DAC so I’ll wait for our update.

I just bought the odroid C4 and installed volumio latest beta version 2.773, the hdmi audio out is not working because whenever it detected the hdmi audio, the alsamixer will set it to mute, I need to run

amixer sset 'Audio hdmi-out mute' off

to make it able to play music every time when turn on the AV amplifier.

Is there a way to make it not mute by default?

Yes, I forgot the unmute, sorry about that.
It has been added for the next version, together with support for the Odroid Hifi Shields.
We should have a new image version by tomorrow night.

great to hear that, looking forward the new version

New Version out for Odroid C4, which supports the HiFi shields, see OP:
volumio-2.781-2020-06-16-odroidc4

Note: initial volume for HiFi Shield 2 is OK, but do not raise level over 50%
Problem has been reported in the Hardkernel C4 forum.
HiFi Shield and Shield+ are OK.

Could you please re-test your issue, hope it works.

There is a new version out for Odroid N2, see OP.
volumio-2.780-2020-06-16-odroidn2

Installed the latest version 2.78 and hdmi work flawlessly, the aplay -l output show proper hdmi device, previous version only show dummy spdif device, lastl but not lease, I think the hdmi sound output is better than previous version.

Good, which device are you connecting your HDMI to?
AV amplifier or HDMI extractor or TV?

HiFi Shield/Shield+ and HiFi Shields 2 are now supported, see OP, version 2.781

UI configuration will be in the next version

AV amplifier - Anthem MRX 300

Just got around to installing the flash to my C4. No audio through 7 pin I2S connector. Only option for playback is hdmi/Toslink. Is the correct or do I need to change something else?

I guess you took version 2.781, in that case you need to read the opening post as DAC configuration is manual atm. Pin 7.2 carries the SPDIF coax signal when HDMI is selected. Toslink is only available with Hifi Shield+ or Hifi Shield 2, also needs HDMI selection

If its easier I can just flash 2.765

you can, but then there is no i2s (hifi shield) support

ok I got it working now Thanks for the pointers

I keep getting the board to freeze up on my typically after doing a scan for new music on my drives? Anyone else seeing this? Typically a reboot fixes it. This time I cannot get it to restart after several reboots. I’m going to let it sit for a bit and cool down and see if that helps.

Could you please give us a little more info?
Running from emmc or SD?
Start with board (C4?), Volumio version, peripherals, power supply, how you connected (eth, wifi), music source etc. We’re not good at guessing what environment you may have, so a little effort is appreciated…

Sure

SD
C4
no periphials
external Linear Power supply 5v connected to 40 pin connector
eth
source HD on main computer

Hope this helps

Just noticed the C4 calls for 5.5v - 15.5v vs the 5v for the C2.

Can put 12v directly on the 40 pin connector or do I have to connect to the DC port on the side?

Thanks, I’ll set up up a rig with this and let you know. Can take a few days as I have a little backlog, sorry about that.