Volumio 2 on Odroid Boards

Thanks, I’ll set up up a rig with this and let you know. Can take a few days as I have a little backlog, sorry about that.

I’m going to order 12v connector and try that. The schematics show the 12v being stepped down to 5v so that the likely issue. Not enough power from my power supply.

I will say DSD through I2S is amazing. I was not able to do DSD with the C2. Only MQA and flac worked.

Please share with us which DAC device you used, how you connected it etc. Very useful for us, thanks.

Audio GD NFB-27h

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB-27H/NFB27HEN_Custom.htm

I use breadboard jumpers to connect the 7 pin connector on C4 directly to 5 pin connector on the DAC and bypass the RJ45 connector on the DAC.

Updating the power supply has fixed the issue for me. No further freezes since I went to a 12v power supply.

Latest releases 2.857 available, see the updated opening post.

hello … I have an odroid C4 with hifishield 2 and tried to follow the link as mentioned in the first entry but

results in a unresolved link (error 404 Not Found)
can you check the link for the odroid C4?

Philip

Yes, something went wrong during the build process. Re-issued the request and will update the link within the next hour.

Odroid-C4 download link updated (now version 2.858).

Thanks!
downloading now and will test it next weekend … device is now in a small village in ISAAN in Thailand :slight_smile: — connected to a yarland tube amplifier (EL34) and 2 standing Klipsch speakers while I am currently in Bangkok :frowning:

I’m having issues with the odroid c2 using the hifi shield 2 i2s add-on. I’ve tried every mixer setting, but on all newer versions of volumio i get tons of noise and conversion artifacts in the audio. i have another odroid, i think it’s a c1+ running an older version of volumio with no problems. I also can’t seem to find anywhere i can download any of the older volumio images to roll back and get it working again. can anyone help with this?

C1/C1+ and C2 are different devices each with their own kernel, it is a bit like comparing apples and pears.
I’m not aware of issues, but will upgrade or flash mine tomorrow and check.
What particular version are you running at the moment and which version on the C1?
This will help locating a suitable older version when needed.

I was unable to to reproduce the problems you are having, testing with version 2.864.
This version works fine and we have no other reports.
Make sure you set you mixer hw setting to Hardware and mixer control to Digital.

Are you using wifi or wired?
In case of wifi, I suggest to try wired first to exclude you don’t have issues with the wifi dongle.

I have a problem so.
When I setup volumio-2.857-2020-12-11-odroidn2 on Micro SD 64GB by balenaEtcher that good for my Odroid-N2.
When I setup it on Micro SD 128GB by balenaEtcher that so good. On this micro SD have a file “resize-volumio-datapart” with 0kb and Odroid-N2 can not boot with this card.
After that I delete file “resize-volumio-datapart” on my micro SD 128GB by computer and take it into My Odroid-N2 and Odroid-N2 can boot quickly. Volumio can scan my music on NAS and play very well

On my computer I can see the free size of micro SD 128G as a USB that Volumio sharing. But when I copy a file to this I have a notification “Not enough memory to write”. I can not copy any thing to the free size of micro SD 128G on my Odroid-N2 from computer. Why ???

I hope gkkpch can help me.
I am so sorry. My english is very bad.

Is this N2 or N2+?
The file resize-volumio-datapart file is essential and a flag to signal Volumio to resize the 3rd partition on the disk at the first boot.
In case you delete the file, the data partition will not be resized, causing the “not enough memory” issue. This means, we have to find out why the resize get’s stuck. Do you have another, perhaps smaller SD to test with? What brand is your SD? Is a class 10 card?

Edit: resizing can take a while, so wait and then wait and then wait a bit more.

1 Like

Thanks for gkkpch.
My Odroid is Odroid-N2 4GB.

• The first I use micro SD 64GB Samsung that good for all. It has 2 minutes to boot finished for the first time.
  • When I use micro SD 128GB, i have this problem. I wait for 5 minutes but it can not finhish to boot.

I have just setup volumio-2.857-2020-12-11-odroidn2 on Micro SD 128GB by balenaEtcher again.
I turn on odroid-N2 and waitting about 1 hour but it can not boot finish.
My micro SD card is a class 10. Thank for your answers. Gkkpch.

. . .
Thanhs for your answers, Gkkpch.
I have not create a log file on this card. How can i do ?

I try to use micro SD 128GB or lager , because I can copy many album music to the free size of this card to play.

Are you able to connect a usb-to-serial and create a log?
Without a log, there is nothing I can do.
I never tested with a 128Gb card which has no real advantage for my purpose.

The best are 8/16/32Gb cards, unless you plan to store a lot of music on the card. You might consider a usb stick for that instead.

1 Like

Hi All,
I’d like to use the native/onboard S/PDIF and I2S output of the Odroid C2 with Volumio. (So without any attached HAT)
What are the settings what I should use?

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Chris