Volumio 2 on NanoPi Neo3

This thread offers people the opportunity to find new images for the NanoPi Neo3, built at regular times to follow up on finished Volumio development cycles.

Anyone willing to help maintain the NanoPi platform is very welcome.

New Release

See the changelog link on the download page
volumio-2.916-2021-10-01-nanopineo3

Previous Releases

volumio-2.857-2020-12-10-nanopineo3
Fixes 2.857

Support for additional wifi dongles (tested with rtl8188eus, rt5370/rt5372, rtl8188cus)

1 Like

Anyone working on this?
If yes, then please reply so we can combine efforts.
I2S is an open issue, hope to get this solved, input welcome.
SPDIF appears to be on GPIO header pin 26, but I have not configured/ tested this yet.

I was having a look to this device recently, it looks really nice

I think I’ll order few in the coming days

I2S issues located and locally fixed.
We’ll send out fixes to FriendlyArm and then wait to get verified updates in return.
Not ready to publish volumio for neo3 yet as spdif got postponed because of these issues.
It will follow as a next step.

1 Like

Latest release 2.857 available, see the updated opening post.

1 Like

Has the development stopped?

No, not really, why?

I can give you this beta Volumio 3 version, basically tested ofc unreleased.
Not yet updated in the Opening Post yet.
Volumiobuster-3.076-2021-05-22-nanopineo3

Updating Volumio 2 as a stable version has already been done, but I like to do a little testing first.

I will download it tomorrow and test it

It works great. Couple of things that plugin list is empty and volume control is not working. Otherwise no complaints, great work.

In case you wish to join the beta program later, you are welcome.
However, community portings are not yet in focus and can still take a few weeks.
For volume control I would need more info from you, not sure exactly what you mean.
Anyway, no support yet, as said “unreleased”, just a preview.
FYI, one of the current beta restrictions is support for plugins. They will follow later.

New updates are available, either use OTA (System Menu → System → Check Updates) or reflash.
Of course, many other changes flowed into this version.
Refer to the changelog on the download page for a detailed list since your last update.

volumio-2.916-2021-10-01-nanopineo3

Hi friends, is possible connect in version NEO3 external DAC? and is possible select external clock on or off for the device like Nano PI 1? thanks…

External DAC: yes, clock switch to external: no