Volumio 2 on NanoPi Neo

Yes, that was the problem. Now I have a working image to compare with.
I’ll try to build my own version with armv7
But of course, I may not succeed either :unamused:

A few days ago I received the purchased NanoPi Neo and NanoPi Neo Air and built image for NanoPi Neo too.
Images for NanoPi NEO (armv7) and corrected NanoPi NEO2 (armv8) may be downloaded from: drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing

Just for information, I successfully built armv7 image for Nanopi-NEO2 with nodejs and modules which was builded on board.

You are right. I enabled CP15 Barrier emulation and node successfully work. But I have many warning about CP15 emulation and I’m not sure that is right decision.

But I don’t quite get it, can you send the kernel config? I’m curious what exactly you enabled.
I had to add support for obsolete armv7 instructions on Rock64, then disabled the CP15 Barrier emulation instruction in rc.local

On Rock64 I added

[code]echo "#!/bin/sh
sysctl abi.cp15_barrier=2
" > /usr/local/bin/rock64-init.sh
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/rock64-init.sh

echo “#!/bin/sh -e
/usr/local/bin/rock64-init.sh
exit 0” > /etc/rc.local
[/code]
to the config part of the build script.

My config config.zip (31.3 KB)

CONFIG_ARMV8_DEPRECATED=y CONFIG_CP15_BARRIER_EMULATION=y
And your scenario works with this kernel. I added sysctl abi.cp15_barrier=2 and nodejs works without warnings.
But if I’ll set only “CONFIG_ARMV8_DEPRECATED=y” nodejs reports about “undefined instruction”

yes, I found that a little confusing too.
But, what do you think? Can we do without armv8 now?
I know you put a lot of extra work in it, but with armv7 you could make it a supported board.

A little off-topic, I also worked with Nanopi A64 the last couple of weeks.
There is a working image now with legacy kernel 3.10.105 (similar but not the same as the pine64 image).
But lack of documentation leaves me with an unstable image (shutdown & reboot issues).
So, not good enough yet, but support is supposed to be in mainline 4.14.
Tried it already, but have not managed to get it to boot properly, it will start from SD but then fails to detect mmc0blk0 while loading the kernel.
Device tree issues???

I’m not worried about my work with armv8 support and at this stage armv7 image seems is more preferable. But the requirement only of specific versions nodejs, modules and plugins may limit porting Volumio to new boards.

Yes, support for A64 is not complete yet and simplest way just is wait next kernel version

I built universal image for nanopi-neo and nanopi-neo-air. You can download image from: drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing and use this image for both boards.

Hi Nikkov,

I tested your Nanopi Neo2 image with our 9028DAC and it’s working fine.
Thanks you much for this great work ! :sunglasses:

Just got a Neo2 and the pictures don’t do justice to how tiny it is!

Building an image as we speak - but wanted to know if this is going to be an officially supported board soon? (i.e can be updated from the WebUI)

Cheers!

@spyking and @nikkov

We have changed our “official released” policy in favour of offloading the core team from all regression testing but pushing community ported board support at the same time.
See this post

You can always refer to me or Michelangelo in case of questions, our goal is to give more support and allow newer versions whenever you need it.
We will generate new Volumio hosted images when you have the need for it, you will get the link to the image for testing (and publishing when ok).
Condition is that you commit the build and/or platform changes to the Volumio repo.
Of course we expect you to do the regression testing in return for a quicker build service :smiley:

As to @spyking’s question, the update mechanism should work independent of status, but this needs to be tested too as part of regression testing.
I will help with that by building 1 or 2 successive images, I need to know when you need them.

– Gé –

I tried your image on Neo2 with the official nanohat pcm5102A friendlyelec sells and everything worked great except resampling to 32bit.

Checking hw_params, it appears no matter if resampling is on or not or what format the file is, everything is in S24_LE and if I force S32_LE, I get whitenoise.

Not a big deal to me either way, just in case to let you know. great work, this thing is so small , beautiful and more than capable enough.

Hi, anyone can share command line build script for NANOPI NEO from main repository ? or need some sort of patch for this ? thanks in advance.

Linux volumio 4.16.0-rc6+ #1 SMP Mon Nov 26 18:45:08 CST 2018 aarch64
___
/_ \ __
__ __ //\ \ __ __ ___ ___ /_\ ___
/\ /\ \ / __\\ \ \ /\ \/\ \ /' __ __\/\ \ / __
\ \ _/ |/\ \L\ \
\ _\ \ _\ /\ /\ /\ \ \ /\ \L\
\ _
/ \ _//_\ _/\ _\ _\ _\ _\ _/
// // // // /////////___/

Free Audiophile Linux Music Player - Version 2.0

C 2015 Michelangelo Guarise - Volumio Team - Volumio.org

Volumio Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
root@volumio:~# /usr/local/bin/node /volumio/index.js
info: -------------------------------------------
info: ----- Volumio2 ----
info: ----- System startup ----
info: Plugin folders cleanup
info: Scanning into folder /volumio/app/plugins/
info: Scanning category audio_interface
info: Scanning category miscellanea
info: Scanning category music_service
info: Scanning category plugins.json
info: Scanning category system_controller
info: Scanning category user_interface
info: Scanning into folder /data/plugins/
info: Plugin folders cleanup completed
info: ----- Core plugins startup ----
info: Loading plugins from folder /volumio/app/plugins/
info: Adding plugin upnp to MyMusic Plugins
info: Adding plugin airplay_emulation to MyMusic Plugins
info: Adding plugin upnp_browser to MyMusic Plugins
info: Loading plugins from folder /data/plugins/
info: Loading plugin “system”…
No id defined. Creating one
info: Loading plugin “appearance”…
info: Loading plugin “network”…
info: Loading plugin “services”…
info: Loading plugin “alsa_controller”…
aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found…
info: CoreCommandRouter::volumioUpdateVolumeSettings
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: i2s_dacs , getI2sStatus
info: Setting mixer Master for card
info: Loading plugin “wizard”…
info: Loading plugin “volumio_command_line_client”…
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: alsa_controller , getConfigParam
info: Loading plugin “upnp”…
info: [1543905382215] Starting Upmpd Daemon
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: system , registerCallback
info: Loading plugin “my_music”…
info: Loading plugin “mpd”…
info: Loading plugin “upnp_browser”…
info: Loading plugin “networkfs”…
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: system , registerCallback
info: Loading plugin “alarm-clock”…
info: Loading plugin “airplay_emulation”…
info: Starting Shairport Sync
info: Loading plugin “last_100”…
info: Loading plugin “webradio”…
info: Loading plugin “i2s_dacs”…
info: I2S DAC not set, start Auto-detection
info: Loading plugin “volumiodiscovery”…
*** WARNING *** The program ‘node’ uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node
*** WARNING *** The program ‘node’ called ‘DNSServiceRegister()’ which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node&f=DNSServiceRegister
Illegal instruction

node -v is v8.11.1 why?Illegal instruction

Could you please put your future output in a code block? Plain test is a horror to read.

Then please explain in more detail what you are trying to do.
You obviously played with a fairly new (unsupported) kernel version, so give us the reason for it or how you built it.
Perhaps there is a problem with the build scripts, then please post the build log here

It’s may be related to this problem: https://volumio.org/forum/volumio-nanopi-neo-t6758-20.html#p39546

Looks a bit like it, but it is difficult to say without a full boot log and without the kernel configuration which was used.
A copy of the build scripts including a log from the image build process would be helpful too.

When our kernel configuration was used and our scripts to build the image, then @1573 may have another issue.

Hello friends!
Tell me please, who have try to transfer volumio os from SD card to eMMC onboard memory of NanoPi board?
How do this ?

Hello;
Has anyone successfully made use of the audio codec that is built into the NanoPi Neo?
Thanks