Volumio 2 on NanoPi Neo

I doubt it, NanoPI Neo has an Allwinner H3 cpu therefore would need another kernel.

Will you be able to share your image? This is such a great news!

Image for NanoPi Neo2:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4dQ_SnxXHi4d3RrUVdMZmVzalE
Are you planned use with i2s dac? By default used i2s in slave mode that needed extern clocks board. If you want use i2s in master mode just rename sun50i-h5-nanopi-neo2-master.dtb to sun50i-h5-nanopi-neo2.dtb on boot partition.

Thank you! No, I do not have i2s dac yet but planning to use a USB Dac. Will it work?

I now successfully tested with USB DAC 128 mkII from http://www.henryaudio.com/

Oh, I have several very high end Dacs that I’ll try tomorrow. I have WA8, some other tube desktop dac, portable dacs like iDSD Micro Black, Mojo, soon Hugo 2…I did not have time for testing in the past few weeks. I’ll try to play it tomorrow.

OK :smiley:
my Neo 2 arrived this week, I’ll give it a go the next few weeks as time allows.

not impressed sofar, nikkov’s image boots, but that is all.
No sound from the nanopi hat, none either when I switch the dtb as suggested.
I do not see any support site either covering this sort of problem either.
Do a have a HAT DOA or something else?

Looking at the last 2 weeks of nanopi a64 struggles it seems friendlyarm could be quite a challenge for us.
Not convinced yet if it is worth the effort, but not giving up yet though…

Sorry, I checked sun50i-h5-nanopi-neo2-master.dtb and this file is wrong.
Try replace to file from attached archive: sun50i-h5-nanopi-neo2.zip (5.43 KB)
Later I’ll rebuild image.

Yes, that was the problem. Now I have a working image to compare with.
I’ll try to build my own version with armv7
But of course, I may not succeed either :unamused:

A few days ago I received the purchased NanoPi Neo and NanoPi Neo Air and built image for NanoPi Neo too.
Images for NanoPi NEO (armv7) and corrected NanoPi NEO2 (armv8) may be downloaded from: drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing

Just for information, I successfully built armv7 image for Nanopi-NEO2 with nodejs and modules which was builded on board.

You are right. I enabled CP15 Barrier emulation and node successfully work. But I have many warning about CP15 emulation and I’m not sure that is right decision.

But I don’t quite get it, can you send the kernel config? I’m curious what exactly you enabled.
I had to add support for obsolete armv7 instructions on Rock64, then disabled the CP15 Barrier emulation instruction in rc.local

On Rock64 I added

[code]echo "#!/bin/sh
sysctl abi.cp15_barrier=2
" > /usr/local/bin/rock64-init.sh
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/rock64-init.sh

echo “#!/bin/sh -e
/usr/local/bin/rock64-init.sh
exit 0” > /etc/rc.local
[/code]
to the config part of the build script.

My config config.zip (31.3 KB)

CONFIG_ARMV8_DEPRECATED=y CONFIG_CP15_BARRIER_EMULATION=y
And your scenario works with this kernel. I added sysctl abi.cp15_barrier=2 and nodejs works without warnings.
But if I’ll set only “CONFIG_ARMV8_DEPRECATED=y” nodejs reports about “undefined instruction”

yes, I found that a little confusing too.
But, what do you think? Can we do without armv8 now?
I know you put a lot of extra work in it, but with armv7 you could make it a supported board.

A little off-topic, I also worked with Nanopi A64 the last couple of weeks.
There is a working image now with legacy kernel 3.10.105 (similar but not the same as the pine64 image).
But lack of documentation leaves me with an unstable image (shutdown & reboot issues).
So, not good enough yet, but support is supposed to be in mainline 4.14.
Tried it already, but have not managed to get it to boot properly, it will start from SD but then fails to detect mmc0blk0 while loading the kernel.
Device tree issues???

I’m not worried about my work with armv8 support and at this stage armv7 image seems is more preferable. But the requirement only of specific versions nodejs, modules and plugins may limit porting Volumio to new boards.

Yes, support for A64 is not complete yet and simplest way just is wait next kernel version

I built universal image for nanopi-neo and nanopi-neo-air. You can download image from: drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing and use this image for both boards.

Hi Nikkov,

I tested your Nanopi Neo2 image with our 9028DAC and it’s working fine.
Thanks you much for this great work ! :sunglasses:

Just got a Neo2 and the pictures don’t do justice to how tiny it is!

Building an image as we speak - but wanted to know if this is going to be an officially supported board soon? (i.e can be updated from the WebUI)

Cheers!