Volumio 2 on Khadas boards

No idea really. Is this a brand new VIM2?
What does it boot from emmc when you don’t insert the SD? Android?
Did you enable multi-boot on emmc?

This is new khadas. Actually I am testing diferent options.
Basically it was with preinstalled Android but the screen was when I had Ubuntu on emmc and when I used SD card with volumio.

Now I have installed Android again and during reboot I can see:

Maybe I should checked one of these options? But which one?

I have also checked istalation via krescue, but there was only old image which I couldn`t update.

Sorry, I can’t help you here. Better check the Khadas forum for more information.
And make sure to flash the VIM2 version of my images, the other ones will not boot due to different u-boot and device-tree.

The krescue image is

1. an old, unauthorized image which Khadas put there, it is not ours.
  2. a VIM3L version that can NOT run on a VIM2.

I am using correct image for vim2. Maybe you can send me previous version?
Links from the first post not working.

No I won’t.
There is nothing wrong with the links, others are using them as well.
See this feedback

Today I have checked other way of booting from SD Card:

1. Power off or unplug your khadas VIM2
  2. Insert the flashed SD card into the SD card slot
  3. Power on
  4. Force khadas VIM2 boots from SD card: After power on, quickly press the Function key 3 times in 2 seconds, then release the key.

After that I can see only black screen on my TV.
Really I don`t know what can I do now and how to install Volumio. :frowning:

:roll_eyes: No idea what is going on, did you successfully boot anything else to boot off the SD card, except trying Volumio?
Khadas boards are not the easiest ones to handle, you need a multiboot u-boot script on emmc before you can boot from an SD directly. You really need to get this information from Khadas.
Try this sequence, perhaps it works:

1. unplug power
  2. insert Volumio SD
  3. hold power key
  4. power on (while still holding power key!!)
  5. wait till led flashes, then release power key

Don’t expect any output, Volumio is headless.
Please read the Volumio Documentation for more information how to control the software. There is a touch screen plugin to help you get the TV connected once Volumio is up and running.
Again, best to get your boot info from Khadas, I can’t help with that.

I noticed your question on the Khadas forum, but saw no answers that would be helpfull.
Did my last suggestion help?

Is tidal connect supported on the latest Volumio build for Khasdas VIM3 and Vim2? Do u advise getting VIM3 or VIM2 for using with ur tone board as a streamer?

Unfortunately not yet, I will start with Volumio 3 for my community portings coming week. Some work has been done, but it will take a while to finish them all. Can’t give an ETA, I’m sorry.

so tentatively tidal connect is only supported on raspberry pi 4?

Have you tried the last Volumio 2 version for vim2/3 (see post #1 in this thread)?
TC is already in there, only that Volumio 2 will not get any more updates.
I don’t like to give hardware advice, in case you want to go for maximum support, choose one of the offically supported platforms, PI, Tinkerboard or x86 (PC).

Support for Volumio 2 has been terminated, please replace by Volumio 3.
Download links are in the new Volumio 3 for Khadas thread.
Update from Volumio 2 to Volumio 3 via OTA is not supported!