Volumio 2 on Khadas boards

Found my answers here! Thanks for keeping images updated, looking forward to 2.779.

Volumio latest version is 2.853, the latest khadas version is 2.774. even if you put volumio into test mode, no further updates are available. Why the delay in updating Volumio?

Khadas images are community portings, therefore not officially supported. Because there is not a lot of interest here, I have been focussing on lots of other tasks.

Latest release 2.857 available, see the updated opening post.

Hi,

Thanks for the new version.
Update went well, based on a Krescue install running on EMMC.

Greetings - en nog eens bedankt !

Steven

wooo thank you!!

I am struggling to get the new volumio image onto the vim3l. I am using the amlogic usb burning software but I get xml errors when I try to use the image file.
Can anyone give me some guidance or tips on how to update from the kresue image.
Thanks

Unfortunately there is no support for the VIM3L.
There are images for VIM1, VIM2 and VIM3 only.
VIM3 images will not work on VIM3L.

KRescue images do not exist yet, except an early 3L test version from last year, which Khadas published.
Versions for Khadas VIM1-2-3 are being tested for an updated kernel and will be sent to Khadas shortly for Kresc creation.
Following that, eMMC can be flashed and updated as planned.
I’m sorry it took so long.

1 Like

thank you… cant wait fir emmc version updated from khadas

Is a 2021 update available for VIM3?
Thanks

For the last couple of months we focussed on getting Volumio 3 into a stable beta phase, therefore the community portings were given lower priority. Volumio 2 versions will be updated as soon as time permits, some more popular boards already had updates, Khadas will follow. Can’t give ETA, sorry.

If there is a demand, will there ever be a version of the Vim 3l?

Nope

Please read this IMPORTANT notice!

I’m working on an update for VIM1/2/3 devices.
OTA’s should be available within the next 2 hours, links to fresh downloads will be published asap.

New updates are available, either use OTA (System Menu → System → Check Updates) or reflash.
Of course, many other changes flowed into this version.
Refer to the changelog on the download page for a detailed list since your last update.

volumio-2.916-2021-10-01-kvim1
volumio-2.917-2021-10-06-kvim2
volumio-2.916-2021-10-02-kvim3

These images may take 2 hours to become available

Unfortunately no files are available. Please check the links.

Download link for kvim3 corrected.
And you are correct, the file for kvim2 is missing.
I believe something went wrong with the build, will run it again.

LInks above and in the OP corrected, vim2 image v2.917 added (same as v2.916)

Everything is great now! Many thanks.
Best regards.

Hi,
I bought Khadas VIM2 with Khadas Tone Board and I am trying to install latest version of Volumio.
I have created SD image via BalenaEther. After restart of my Khadas I can see:

What can I do now? :frowning:

1 Like