Volumio 2 beta 830 bug with wifi?

Hi everyone,

I am new to the scene and I am evaluating several packages for lossless playback. I am running RPi 2B + EW-7722UTn V2 wifi dongle + Yamaha AG03 mixer as USB out + Volumio 2 Beta 830 image.

Here is the issue:
Initially I saw list of wifi networks in UI options list but couldn’t connect to it - only the wired network was connecting.
After a few minutes the Wifi list disappeared. Dongle is not showing any blue LED blinks to search for the network either despite reboots and plug/unplug cycles.

What should I do next? Should I try to go in SSH and play with ifconfig? I wanted to share this issue with Volumio devs to ensure future versions can correct network bugs if any.

Thanks!

PS: Tried upgrading to Volumio 2 Beta 832 image from the UI but RPi went dead. I had to reflash the 830 image to bring it back to life.

Hi everyone,

I am new to the scene and I am evaluating several packages for lossless playback. I am running RPi 2B + EW-7722UTn V2 wifi dongle + Yamaha AG03 mixer as USB out + Volumio 2 Beta 830 image.

Here is the issue:
Initially I saw list of wifi networks in UI options list but couldn’t connect to it - only the wired network was connecting.
After a few minutes the Wifi list disappeared. Dongle is not showing any blue LED blinks to search for the network either despite reboots and plug/unplug cycles.

What should I do next? Should I try to go in SSH and play with ifconfig? I wanted to share this issue with Volumio devs to ensure future versions can correct network bugs if any.

Thanks!

PS: Tried upgrading to Volumio 2 Beta 832 image from the UI but RPi went dead. I had to reflash the 830 image to bring it back to life.

Thanks.
It is a problem we’re currently fixing. It should be solved in a next version.