Volumio 2 and brutefir

I have it working by do something not very “official”. But I you want to test it :
Don’t complain if nothing works after that (due to an error) :wink:
I commented two lines in

/volumio/app/plugins/audio_interface/alsa_controller/index.js

line 481 and 482

this.config.set('outputdevicename', data.i2sid.label); OutputDeviceNumber = I2SNumber;
become

// this.config.set('outputdevicename', data.i2sid.label); // OutputDeviceNumber = I2SNumber;

no you can save the output you want… But warning the mixer may be wrong so choose software mixer !
This by waiting a true solution…

Now it plays music!

But volume control does not work…keeps on selected value for start volume in playback options

DAC selection works well now, sometimes a “2” shows up as DAC in plugin adv. settings (?).

After disable the plugin, it could not be enabled again (even after reboot), but green dot is now showing up when active (but does not switch to red when disabled)

Uninstall process works now!

Thanks for this improvement - all in all a step forward towards a perfect working brutefir solution!

I can’t use it.
I have 2.01 volumio on raspy 2 b+
And my interface is digi + to exit by spdif to dac

I set loopback and in the plugin now appear outpit hifiberry DAC .
But didn’t work.
For me it s also impossible to see the plugin activated. Remain red spot.
Thanks for your work

Hi!
The plugin stay inactived (red dot) if Brutefir does not start properly.
I never test it with digi + but I don’t see why it don’t work. Have you change to two line as described in a previous post ?
If not, Loopback is selectable but when you save it is remplaced by the i2s dac.
Once it is done, in plugin advanced setting select the good output and save.
If nothing happens, open a ssh console and enter

systemctl status brutefir

if not working try to see the problem with :

brutefir /data/configuration/miscellanea/brutefir/volumio-brutefir-config

and paste the output

Hi,
I just want to give Feedback on the plugin:
I used to use brutefir on 1.55 and was curious on 2.0. Thus I downloaded the latest Image and the brutefir plugin and installed it on a rp3 with hifiberry dac+. In principle it worked immediately. This is pretty good, my first try with brutefir took me several weeks to get it running.

I can use my old float 32 le filters. Only limitation is that I cannot control volume, even not in SW. In my old configuration I also was not able to use HW volume but SW volume was working. Thus my question will you try to work on the volume?

Best Regards and thanks for your effort so far…

Christian

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Hi!
Good !
It should work with Software mixer. Use a recent volumio image. And it’s true it’s a bit tricky to get softvol to work.,. Save several times, try to set none save and reselect software mixer…

I will try later. Thanks

Hi,

I observed some inconsistencies: As you said, deactivating and activating + reboot led to a working SW volume. Then I reconfigured the volume Limits and characteristics and suddenly I got an Error that the output device is not found. I tried to reconfigure loopback but did not suceed to get it working…

I will Start from the plain Image on the weekend…

BR

Christian

I don’t think a new install is needed. The problem comes from volumio itself. Most of the time you have to fight to get softvol working. Disabling enabling mixer, i2s dac changing output save reboot… All that with no real order…(or I don’t find one). And it comes back to life… Keep me in touch.
What do you think of parameters settings in the plugs n ? Do I missed something ? Don’t hesitate to give feedback!

Ok I will try again although I already did yesterday for quite a long time.

Regarding Plugin everything was fine. I managed to get my old filters working with no big effort.

A real goal would be to get HW volume working. This would avoid the Brutefir latency…

Best Regards

Christian

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

I agree with you for the hardware mixer . But it’s on volumio side, and unless all available mixers available on the system are proposed, I don’t know how to do it… Maybe @Michelangelo has an advice about that.
Not sure it solve the latency of brutefir. Even with no mixer the about 2seconds. It’s seems to be a computation time. Not sure. What about your previous experiences?

hi,
My Observation is the following: When mpd directly outputs to the dac, volumio seems to access the hw volume register of the dac to instantenously change volume. When output is piped to brutefir and then transferred to dac via brutefir this seems not to work. Thus mpd has to scale output level in sw which then is processed by brutefir and then afterwards becomes hearable with a latency of the processing time.

My brute force workaround was a little Script on an gpio input directly modifying hw register of my hifiberry. By this means I can change volume without latency.

Best Regards

Christian

When trying to install the plugin I got this “error”:

Downloading plugin at http://127.0.0.1:3000/plugin-serve/brutefir.zip END DOWNLOAD: http://127.0.0.1:3000/plugin-serve/brutefir.zip Creating folder on disk Unpacking plugin Checking for duplicate plugin Copying Plugin into location Installing dependencies The following error occurred when installing the plugin: Error

There is something weird. On github the size of the file is >700ko but downloaded is 35ko… I’m going to push a new file…

It was a 795kb zip file.
4,8 Mb after unzip.

Well now it works! With no change! Please redownload the brutefir.zip file. Don’t uncompress it to install !

I got the exact same error. I’ll try again later with a fresh install because this one is really messy.

There is something weird on github because a other plugin gives the same problem. It seems that Clicking code and then download it works. But I’m going to upload a new file tonight

I upload a new version (no change in it).
To download from github, DON’T right click on on brutfeir.zip and save ! CLICK LEFT, and in the following page select download.
:wink:
If you right click and save, it will save html code of the page…inside the file, and of course it failed to install

edit : use that link : https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/miscellanea/brutefir/brutefir.zip

salut,
j’ai installer, essayer plusieurs paramètres et… plantage ! mais c’est une super idée ! j’ai pas trop de temps en ce moment mais dés que possible je te retournerai mes impressions et test !
Encore bravo !
Essayer avec rasperry pi 3 et une pifiberry dac+ (clone de hifiberry !)
jp