Volumio 2.882 Raspberry PI4B problem with Hilo DAC

we where trying to get it running…
but i see a clock problem, fake clock only… is this normal @gkkpch?
and where is partition 3, i see 1 and 2

unrelated, runs under “overlay”

http://www.lynxstudio.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6252&title=hilo-and-linux

here they say it … no linux…

Over at the Roon forum there are also a number of reports saying Lynx Hilo does not work with linux.
Done, sorry @darekdz

I would more likely guess that the problem is with the Ubuntu USB Audio 2.0 class driver. Of course we don’t do any testing with Ubuntu.

Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer

the problem is, it is working, my friend has it

yeah, the guy tells fibs, there is no such thing as an Ubuntu Audio 2.0 class driver.
There is only a kernel.org USB Audio driver “snd_usb_audio.ko”, which covers Audio Class 2.0
Which Lynx does not comply to or needs usb quirks.

on linux?

Hello,

I have moved your post to a new thread as this is a new question.

1. The Hilo-USB is completely USB Audio 2.0 class compliant. The evidence of this is that the Hilo-USB requires no extra driver on Macintosh OS X, as OS X supports USB Audio 2.0 class directly. No where in any of the sales material does it say we support Ubuntu. I would more likely guess that the problem is with the Ubuntu USB Audio 2.0 class driver. Of course we don’t do any testing with Ubuntu.

2. Added to the wish list… you may not have to wait very long on this one. Smile
    Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer

Lets close this subject, we are not going to agree with Mr. Lynx, no matter what he claims.
Plenty of proof that it does not work with linux and there is nothing we can do about it anyway.
Not a Volumio issue (otherwise we would have fixed it).

yes, he has the same setup, Lynx Hilo USB, RPI and Volumio, small volumio file modification was needed but he didnt know what kind of modification :confused:

make a image of his system and test it if it works… win32 disk imager 1.0

or take your unit to his setup and test. perhaps it is HW.
I did not like the clock problems, perhaps your friend could make a log?
Realising the failure reports were plenty, I hope it is not a hit and miss thing with the DAC.

I will ask him and let you know
Thank you guys

there is a known usb issue with raspi4 4gb and above. if you use raspi4 2gb, usb works. i have both and raspi4 4gb usb is broken.

didn’t have it yet that problem…

thank you but I dont know how to fix it. there is no patch /boot/firmware and file userconfig.txt

could you please help me step by step with volumio 2.882 firmware ?

Do you have another device connected to your RPi4, in another USB port, in the same time with your USB DAC? A wireless keyboard or mouse?

No. I have putty on pc in the same network
I can connect with RPI via putty