Volumio 2.882 Raspberry PI4B problem with Hilo DAC

yeah, the guy tells fibs, there is no such thing as an Ubuntu Audio 2.0 class driver.
There is only a kernel.org USB Audio driver “snd_usb_audio.ko”, which covers Audio Class 2.0
Which Lynx does not comply to or needs usb quirks.

on linux?

Hello,

I have moved your post to a new thread as this is a new question.

1. The Hilo-USB is completely USB Audio 2.0 class compliant. The evidence of this is that the Hilo-USB requires no extra driver on Macintosh OS X, as OS X supports USB Audio 2.0 class directly. No where in any of the sales material does it say we support Ubuntu. I would more likely guess that the problem is with the Ubuntu USB Audio 2.0 class driver. Of course we don’t do any testing with Ubuntu.

2. Added to the wish list… you may not have to wait very long on this one. Smile
    Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer

Lets close this subject, we are not going to agree with Mr. Lynx, no matter what he claims.
Plenty of proof that it does not work with linux and there is nothing we can do about it anyway.
Not a Volumio issue (otherwise we would have fixed it).

yes, he has the same setup, Lynx Hilo USB, RPI and Volumio, small volumio file modification was needed but he didnt know what kind of modification :confused:

make a image of his system and test it if it works… win32 disk imager 1.0

or take your unit to his setup and test. perhaps it is HW.
I did not like the clock problems, perhaps your friend could make a log?
Realising the failure reports were plenty, I hope it is not a hit and miss thing with the DAC.

I will ask him and let you know
Thank you guys

there is a known usb issue with raspi4 4gb and above. if you use raspi4 2gb, usb works. i have both and raspi4 4gb usb is broken.

didn’t have it yet that problem…

thank you but I dont know how to fix it. there is no patch /boot/firmware and file userconfig.txt

could you please help me step by step with volumio 2.882 firmware ?

Do you have another device connected to your RPi4, in another USB port, in the same time with your USB DAC? A wireless keyboard or mouse?

No. I have putty on pc in the same network
I can connect with RPI via putty

I had the same problem with the same error message but with a different DAC. Despite countless discussions on different forums I couldn’t solved it until, by luck, I booted my RPi4 8GB without the dongle of my wireless keyboard (which I was using for LibreELEC or for booting from PINN).

After removing the USB dongle from my RPi4 the problem dissappeard, it’s working flawlessly. When I’m connecting a wireless keyboard or a simple wireless mouse the problem reappears. I tried all combinations of USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, it’s not working if I have both DAC and keyboard connected to my RPi4.

I have the same problem when using LibreELEC for example, I don’t have sound over USB until I remove the keyboard’s dongle.

I don’t have this problem when using my old RPi3, it is happening only with my RPi4 and I didn’t find a solution, no one seems to know why this is happening. It is definitely a bug but I don’t know to what is related. To the RPi4 firmware, to the software or a combination of these.

I have empty usb ports. Only DAC is connected. The problem is for all 4 ports

But… Volumio sees the Lynx Hilo DAC USB after starting the system. It is working with Taga Harmony DA300v3 USB DAC

Hilo works properly with PC via USB

It seems that, in this case, there is something else that is causing you trouble.

Try to pull the cable USB out of the streamer (with the devices turned on), and then return it back…