Volumio 2.861 does not work on NUC8i3BEK - network interfaces not supported

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: 2.861
Hardware: NUC8i3BEK
DAC: Micromega myDAC

I have installed Volumio 2.861 on an Intel NUC8i3BEK and discovered that Ethernet & Wi-Fi network interfaces are not recognized. On the Intel site, I have found that a NUC8i3BEK is equipped with the following network interfaces:

• Integrated LAN: Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V
  • Integrated Wireless: Intel Wireless-AC 9560
    I have also successfully installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on the same NUC8i3BEK and both Ethernet & Wi-Fi interfaces are supported, meaning that Ubuntu 20.04 has the proper drivers in its Debian kernel that Volumio’s does not have yet.
    Question: When do you think Volumio will have the necessary network drivers to support the 8th generation of Intel NUCs which are on the market since Q3 2018 ? If there is no clear answer, I’ll have to return my NUC8i3BEK…
    Thank you for your support on this excellent software.

PS: I saw in a another post that the Wi-Fi interface of the 7th generation of NUCs was not supported by Volumio (but may be it is supported now, I haven’t check).

Yes, this is a known issue.
Guys, I wish you would use the search function before entering another post on the same subject, otherwise we keep repeating the same story over and over again.
Pls. Read this post

Sorry, I had searched but I missed the other post mentioning “NUC8i…” However, since it is a known issue, does it mean this issue will to be solved in a future release of Volumio ? And if yes, do you have a vague idea when it is planned ? If no, then I’ll have to return this neat little NUC8i3BEK to the vendor…

it has been solved already, please read the whole thread and use 3.036 or 3.037, both images are close to release quality.It has all the feature, use it until we have newer betas or the release version.
Report any issue you may have.

The new NUCs are fully supported by the upcoming release, by no means send it back!!

Thank you so much! I’ll be happy to participate in the beta testing of Volumio 3.x