Volumio 2.8 with touchscreen shos login screen

Volumio Information

Volumio Version:2.882
Hardware: Raspberry 3B+
DAC:-

Hi there,
I have used volumio in an older version (I think 2.3xx) with a small touchscreen until the last days.
Now I have installed 2.882 with the same touchscreen.

I setup volumio into network, installed the touchscreen pluglin and can configure it via WLAN and my Smartphone app. Nearly all is fine, but the touchscreen shows me the volumio login screen instead of the GUI I have seen in version 2.3.

What is missing or what do I wrong to get the GUI to start playing music via the touchscreen?

Thanks a lot.

Please reveal the brand and exact model name of the display :wink:

That’s not possible, bouth it in china a year ago, do not know much about it. :frowning:

But I think a am a step closer.
I installed the plug-in for the touch display when it was not connected.
I uninstalled it, conncected the touchscreen and installed it again, now it looks like it is working.

Is there a difference between my two methods and one of them is not allowed?

Found some display infos.

Elecrow RC050

The resolution of the LCD display is 800 x 480, you can configure the resolution via software, the maximum resolution it supports is 1920 x 1080.

No, but if you connect the display it would be necessary to restart the plugin or maybe also to reboot Volumio.

Okay, the display now shows the GUI, but the touch does not work. :frowning:

Any ideas?

Do you have the display connected to the Pi by USB?

It is connected via HDMI and I use a micro USB cable to support it with enough power.

https://www.elecrow.com/wiki/index.php?title=RC050_5_inch_HDMI_800_x_480_Capacitive_Touch_LCD_Display_for_Raspberry_Pi/_PC/_SONY_PS4

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
max_usb_current=1
hdmi_drive=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=1
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 800 480 60 6 0 0 0
dtoverlay=ads7846,cs=1,penirq=25,penirq_pull=2,speed=50000,keep_vref_on=0,swapxy=0,pmax=255,xohms=150,xmin=200,xmax=3900,ymin=200,ymax=3900 display_rotate=0

Is this USB cable connected to a power supply or the Pi?

At the moment it is connectect to a power supplay, when I did connect it to the raspberry I got the under-voltage message.

The touch function needs a USB connection to the Pi. You can use the second USB port of the display I guess.

both are touch

Okay, I want to add the stuff to my config.txt.

Here is what is actually saved in my config.txt.

initramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=32
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

include userconfig.txt

Where to save the new stuff?
Behind all other text? Or before the include userconfig.txt?

I recommend to not use the dtoverlay entry as on-liner. Because it exceeds 80 characters IMHO it needs to be split like this:

dtoverlay=ads7846
dtparam=cs=1
dtparam=penirq=25
dtparam=penirq_pull=2
dtparam=speed=50000
dtparam=keep_vref_on=0
dtparam=swapxy=0
dtparam=pmax=255
dtparam=xohms=150
dtparam=xmin=200
dtparam=xmax=3900
dtparam=ymin=200
dtparam=ymax=3900

Reason is: There appears to be a 80 character per line limit that applies to entries in “/boot/config.txt”.

Also no need to use “display_rotate=0”. For this monitor the Touch Display plugin manages the rotation of the display.

Save it to “/boot/userconfig.txt” so it does not get overwritten on Volumio updates.

Do I have to create the boot folder? I don’t see one on my card.

What to do with this stuff?

Sorry for all these questions…

No, “/boot” must be there. “userconfig.txt” resides in the same directory as “config.txt”.

Yes, got it, second look was better. :wink: