gateway 192.168.0.1

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
address 192.168.0.101
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
wpa-passphrase *********
wpa-ssid WiFiSSID[/i]

Then I rebooted the RPi with a constant ping for 192.168.0.101 - during boot up, I can ping it for a while, and then it fails again.

Does anyone know how to configure Volumio 2 to:

Connect to my own wifi
Disable the hotspot feature
Set a static IP for the wlan0 interface

I think the way I am used to edit the interfases file is not really supported in Volumio

Any ideas?

Set your IP from within your router using MAC reservation static lease, (much easier).

See below thread to blacklist other features.

raspberrypi.org/forums/view … 3&t=138610

Yes, using your router to control dhcp alllocation is easier, but it is not a solution. I have a mobile device with volumio, and this obviously does not work for this scenario. Also, it is not an option on every router.

At the moment, static IP addresses do not work with Volumio 2. Hopefully this will change in the near future.

Ah, I agree, the router option is not really the best way to go about - and disappointing that it cannot be set out of the box on version 2. Looks like I will have to hang back for a while, which is a real shame as I REALLY like the work that has gone into version 2 and this is a show stopper for me. I have so many devices at home that static IPs is the only practical solution. Anyone know what the time frame for setting static IP is?

Not sure, Michelangelo is in the middle of a two week holiday at the moment. Shouldn’t be too long after he gets back.

Well, I think he deserve a nice long break - the work that has been done by him and the team is quite something!