Volumio 1.4 bugs

Hi Michelangelo,

do you have a command that would return what you are looking for ? I can try to get those info by reinstalling Istein’s image.

esseki

Hi Michelangelo,

I have the same problem with CuBox-i4. No wifi!
Just tested raspberry with volumio 1.4. WiFi is working.

By the way. With all devices and my usb-DAC I get clicks and pops. It all happens with lan connected the same time.
CuBox with wifi would work without clicks. So wifi is very important. Ther are much less clicks with raspberry and wlan(Just a few clicks because wifi uses usb, too). I expect no clicks with CuBox and wifi because it uses a build in wifi.

The problem for the clicks is the usb-driver. Because alle usb-devices and lan are useing the same bus.

ralf

Hi Michelangelo,
the wlan does not work on my Cubox-i4 Pro. The Volumio 1.4 WebGUI says: wlan0 IP address: — NO INTERFACE PRESENT — . I tried to enter the SSID and PW for my wi-fi but it does not connect. It also did not work in version 1.2. Is there anything you need me to test on my device?

Hi there !

As far as i’m concerned, 1.4 on my Raspberry Pi + Hiffiberry Digi works great.

I have no use for the Library panel so I don’t use it.
(generally speaking I have no use for the web interface, using Sound@Home as a remote.

I need to work a little bit more on the DLNA thing::
I see Volumio both displayed as a Livrary and as a Player in my favorite DLNA app for Android (MediaHouse), but the library seems empty (whereas mpd has indexed my NAS NFS shares perfectly) and the Player control seems to be not working. I don’t know if I have missed some configuration checkboxes or something else.

Volumio 1.4 works good with my raspberry and a wired connection.

With WIFI (TP-Link TL-WN725N version 2) it works sometimes (after installing the driver). Most of the time i must connect the LAN cable, then i can remove it and WIFI is working …

And if i control the volume in Volumio it seems to me that 0-70% in Volumio is in real 0-20% so that at 50% of volume in Volumio i hear nearly nothing.

My Wishlist would be:

• More supported WIFI adapter
  • Option to disable/enable the Libary
  • Delete option for the saved Playlists
  • Delete option for the Playlist (one Button for the whole list)

AND
Thanks for Volumio 1.4, for the work you have done

Please tell me which driver you installed, so I’ll include in next version. As for the other suggestions, I’m working on that…

overview: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=462982
should be this one: 3.10.36+ #662, #664 - 8188eu-20140117.tar.gz (directlink: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8188eu-20140117.tar.gz)

Thanks!

When I woke up today I turned on my RPi’s screen to check on Volumio because it has been crashy. After I saw this, I was unable to login and got an nginx error message. What is this process that is taking up so much CPU? I searched the web for it but there were so few results Google had to pull some results out of its ass.

No thoughts on the mysterious process running on my Pi? Bueller?

Nope but:

You already restarted the pi?
Same result?
Have you installed anything else than Volumio?

Disconnect all USB Devices, connect via LAN, then restart
If you have the same result, format your SD Card and “reinstall” Volumio.
Maybe something went wrong the first time.

I haven’t powered up the Pi since I took that photo. Didn’t install anything besides Volumio. I’ll take another look after work today.

player_wdog.sh should check if everything is fine and in case of problems restart the player.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchdog_timer

Restart the system and check if it happens again.
And please don’t ask for help without even trying a restart… :frowning: It could be a cosmic ray that changed a bit and it would never happen again.

Volumio WiFi do not work on CuBox-i4-Pro:

root@volumio:~# ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr …
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0 …

root@volumio:~# iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.

Could any body help me to start WiFi for Volumio on CuBox-i4-Pro?

look at this thread:
wifi-cubox-t1117-20.html

I can confirm Volumio 1.4 is REALLY REALLY slow on my system. Previous versions were not. Maybe the Library does take too much resources to stay alive…
It also looses tracks from Playlist sometimes, something that previous versions did not.
More, it becomes mute after soft shutdown or reboot as previous versions did.
BUT i also can confirm that sound quality has improved in a very pleasant way, the most using kernel tweaking modes, and that’s really good! Thank you very much!!!

i found some problem after use 1.4 version

1. everytime reboot, delete icon always active. everytime i deactive it and reboot the volumio it will be active again. so playlist will be erase after play
  2. when use usb flashdisk. my fd just recognize once. after that my fd never recognize by volumio again. i try to reboot, update mpd database and plug in and out several time. but nothing change. did not recognize at all. fd format is fat32
  3. after reboot volumio cannot play automatically

really sad, cause i need some feature like disable airplay and sound improvement.
but the bug really annoying.
is there any solution to fix it by myself?

updated : after wait for 15minutes after boot i try to restart mpd database. and usb recognize again

2014-07-30-kbps.JPG

Is this a bug :question:

Been seeing a similar problem in 1.4, being unable to add/add and play with some tracks, flacs and mp3`s. A message pops up saying they have been added to the playlist but there is nothing there. These are specific session tracks which I have named by hand so after some investigation I found that removing odd characters e.g. (.,;:slight_smile: from the track names they would then appear and play OK. Yes, I know, my own fault.

Loving Volumio/Pi/IQAudio Pi-dac !