Thanks for upgrading to 1.4 and the big effort you’ve made!
But- to be honest:
1.4 to me is very slow in some aspects.
- If I change from some menu points back to ‘playlist’ on the bottom it takes a long time to view playlist again.
- Edimax wifi dongle again needs disabling power management ('cause of dropping connection)- ok- that was no problem.
- The ‘Library’ button on the bottom is totally useless for me- it takes very long time to have a view on the data and in the end the result makes no sense to me. I’m playing wav because I think it sounds best- better than flac- and nothing will change my opinion in this case.
Maybe that’s the reason why this function delivers nothing positive to me. A gimmick, nothing more, very slow and definitely useless to my opinion.
The bottom button ‘browse’ fullfills my needs completely.
- When I changed back to volumio 1.2 I wasn’t able to use the ‘back’ function anymore when USB or WEBRADIO browsing- very strange. Instead of that the button ‘files’ was shown with no functionality at all.
- If I save a playlist I’m not able to delete it. It is shown below USB and WEBRADIO with no possibility to quit it- probably I’m not able to remove it 'cause of lacking knowledge.
Sorry, Michelangelo for critics- but I think it will contribute to progress.
One more question: What are the upnp; upnp/dlna functions for? I’ve no idea
Conclusevely: Would I be able to play BERRYNOS 1543 DAC from G2 Labs with 1.4?- 'cause this DAC really gives me the kick!
BUT- in the end sound is fine! That’s the most important thing to me with volumio- so I’ll stay with 1.4! No gimmicks- just sound perfection- that’s what I’m expecting from VOLUMIO. There are enough players around that are based on features, features, features- with degraded sound.
My aim is the concentration on pure HIGH END as the main ambition.
Greetingz- and sorry for complaints