Volume Control v3.378

What happened to the volume control? I just got back from a long trip, did an update to the latest version, and have lost my ability to control volume from my phone (or computer). I normally keep my receiver at a high volume and modulate overall volume via volumia itself. I really, really like the 0-100 metering. I mean, I found something on the desktop version, but it’s has no metering, it’s not easy to find, and my computer volume control no longer affects volume level through my rpi.

Check here:

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I found that, but it’s not metered. Since I have neighbors, the meter level is/was important to making sure I was behaving myself (not everyone likes baroque opera - go figure, right?). But and, I didn’t have to find a different screen to manage volume. It makes absolute sense to treat volume as a top-level control, not a secondary control.

I’m disappointed at the change and hope it gets undone.

Best regards,

You can give Volumio your feedback in this thread about the new design introduced in V3.3 → Volumio 3.3 public release: Volumio HUB features

Alternatively you could switch the interface from Manifest, to either Contemporary or Classic, which do show numbers with volume levels. I really like the new Manifest interface but if you have to have numbers, that’s an option.

Regards,

1 Like