Volume Control (Disparity between WebUI and AlsaMixer)

Hi!
I’m using a Pi B+ Model with Volumio 1.55 which is hooked to my amplifier with a standard 3.5mm jack to 2xRCA. When I try to change the volume through the WebUI, spotify-connect or sound@home the first 2/3 of the volume bar are pretty much silent. Only the last 1/3 is playing sound and the steps between different levels of volume are quite huge.
I did some troubleshooting by comparing the WebUI volume control to the one provided through AlsaMixer from the command line. It looks like this:

WebUI volume at 100 / AlsaMixer volume at 100
[spoiler][/spoiler]
WebUI volume at 90 AlsaMixer volume at 67
[spoiler][/spoiler]
WebUI volume at 75 / AlsaMixer volume at 24
[spoiler][/spoiler]

So as you can see, the two controls are quite off. When I use AlsaMixer the changes are as smooth as they should be.

Is there a way to get both controls in sync? :confused:

Thx for your help!
Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-10-28 20-18-19.jpg
Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-10-28 20-18-03.jpg
Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-10-28 20-18-40.jpg

I raised this issue a while ago in this thread but it hasn’t been resolved as yet.

It’s counter intuitive, but for you to perceive a linear progression in volume, you actually need the volume control to be logarithmic. Alsamixer does it correctly, mapping a linear scale from 0 to 100 to a particular log curve that sounds right.

Try Moode Player instead. It has a logarithmic volume control that replicates the curve that alsamixer uses, and is also fully adjustable for curve and maximum level if you want to tweak it further.