Vol. 2.03 and Kali: Radiostreams decoded wrong

If You want to know how ducks are praying in front of Christmas listen to Radio Maria with Kali Reclocker.
Streams will be decoded to highspeed speech. Also comercials will become tolerable with this little »Reducker« :wink:

That’s a good one :smiley:

Streams will be decoded to highspeed speech. Also comercials will become tolerable with this little »Reducker« :wink:

We’re checking now…

Can you remove the Kali from the chain ? Kali is not decoding anything…just buffering the data. Should have no influence on how its decoded .

I’m listening to dutch Radio Maria with Kali
yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-sta … ?id=548227

and it works good… Can you share your configuration (which DAC on top of Kali) and which stream are you using?

I tried from Radiostationes -> Top 500 and I found severall stations and thought it´s based on the bit rate they do transmission.
Used with Raspi3 + Kali + Piano + Vol. 2.03

Here are my prefered stations:

Radio Maria Italia
shown as:
50.7.135.98:8016
Stream Status: Stream is up at 32 kbps
Content Type: audio/mpeg

Radio Maria Spain
shown as:
50.7.181.186:8060
Stream Status: Stream is up at 32 kbps
Content Type: audio/mpeg

I will try it later without Kali and another DAC.

It sounds right if I put away Kali (Raspi + Piano 2.0)

Inserted again Kali and I have the DDNP (Donald Duck and his Nephews Phenomena).

By the way: To run my other DACS I have to reboot severall times because
the Volume Mixer looses settings or suddenley have a wrong mixer and
there seems to be a difference if You do a restart or a shutdown,

If You change the DAC Volumio tells You to do a reboot - in this case You have lost.

If I have a look to my crystal ball I would say it depends on the transmission rate and what happens if it is below 44100.

Radio Kameme shows not the Duck-Effect but a singing Cockroach-Effect:

Kememe FM
Stream Status: Stream is up at 40 kbps

Kali has 2 very precise clocks…one for 44.1 and second for 48Khz audio files . In audio those are the 2 sample rates.

In addition Kali works with 16 , 24 and 32 bit at both frequencies

What you are describing is 40kbs bit rate. Thats extremely low and I suspect that sample rate of that stream is outside of Kalis range.

Do you have the sample rate of your radio ?

When you change an I2S DAC, you pretty much need to reboot all the times…

Yes I did !!!

It´s the bit rate You will get from the shoutcast stats if You use the IP Volumio shows during playback.
I only copied the details from there.

And it´s not my special radio, the stations (and many more) are from Volumios Top 500 list.
May be shoutcast streams stations which are using CB radio.

So if the details with the kbs are correct there and they are out of range, then they should better be blocked?