Very Slow Startup Time When Internet/ Wifi Not Detected

Internet/ router/ Wifi is not always enabled, and in this case Volumio takes exceptionally long time to function. Time from power-on to Volumio playback:

30…45s when Wifi/ router enabled
120s when Wifi/ router disabled

Am using RPi3B with Volumio 2.382. I didn’t measure but I think this delay was in last few releases. Using mostly default settings. Maybe hotspot setting is a problem? Enable Hotspot=ON, Hotspot Fallback=OFF (defaults).

Is there some log file I can access to pinpoint where this stupidly long delay occurs?

Have a look at the systemd log volumio.github.io/docs/User_Man … oting.html

This is a regression with the latest tweaks of wifi, we’re working to solve the issue. Thanks for reporting.

This is happening because they have to perform some algorithms and they need the internet connection for that. As far as I know, a lot of other well know services are using the same algorithm and their services need you to have a stable internet connection. To be honest, this is a well know issue, and you have can’t fix this. The only one thing you can do is to have a very stable internet connection with a very fast speed plan. Basically, you can easily have a great Internet speed plan, if you will choose a good Internet provider. If you have a slow internet and a high ping, I would really recommend you to use usave service to find a new internet provider in your area, you will be able to find more than 2 available offers and to compare them. Go on and check it, you will definitely like this

Hi,
Problem still not solved?
Why doesn’t Volumio start correctly - I have some restrictions set on the network (security, etc.)
Volume version 3.512

To start Volumio I need to do the following sequence of commands from SSH:
volumeio internet off
volumio vstop
volumeio vstart
and after starting the UI
volumeio internet start

What is it about? why doesn’t the UI start correctly?