V3 Music Library Database Keeps Crashing When Building

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: v3.165
Hardware: R-Pi 3B
DAC: USB SMSL M100
Connecting to Windows Share or NAS (Synology)

Hi,

Upgraded OTA to 3.165. Have since wiped and started afresh, but same issue.

My high res audio files are on a Windows share and backed up to a Synology NAS. On the previous version, using either as a source, the library built and a rescan would pick up any new files / albums.

However, the new version crashes building the library database. This causes some sort of panic as the library then zeros and you have to start again.

I can use my Plex library for now, but its annoying.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks
Greg

I think you need to post the logs, so we can see what is happening.

Thanks - here they are: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/ZawO5GY.html

1 Like

Prob, volumioneed to dig into this.
I do see a couple of entries on your wlan(0) and your CIFS connection ( \192.168.1.5) is not responding

Dec 08 14:13:51 volumio kernel: wlan0: deauthenticated from e8:8d:28:5c:36:7b (Reason: 2=PREV_AUTH_NOT_VALID)
Dec 08 14:18:26 volumio kernel: CIFS VFS: \192.168.1.5 has not responded in 180 seconds. Reconnecting…

3 Minutes? Wow, its a Windows 10 PC on Gigabit. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to put the Pi on Ethernet for a while?

Well, this is resolved. Nothing to do with Volumio, was a dodgy set of AIF files. Once I removed them, it carried on indexing the files through to completion.

I found this by examining the log files and noting that the index stopped at the same place.

Now on the latest and great v3 version as well. Thanks for a great product and great support.

1 Like