Hi everyone, if you’re currently experiencing Volumio2 not working on your Raspberry Pi Model B, or B+, then you are likely running into an out of memory issue caused by processing background images.
In order to fix the problem, and regain a living old RPi + the new Volumio hotness, do the following:
- Connect RPi to display + keyboard (if you are able to SSH in at any time you can try that way, but I never was able to due to not being able to configure the WiFi interface)
- Boot, and as soon as possible after the boot (don’t wait or it will crash and you will have to reboot), log in as root/volumio
- Issue the following command: “systemctl stop volumio”
- Navigate to the following folder and delete all the existing .jpg’s: /volumio/app/plugins/miscllanea/appearance/backgrounds
- Run systemctl start volumio
Your Pi should now function properly. My tested config: RPi + HiFiberry DAC + Edimax Wifi