Utilize remaining space on eMMC drive

Hello all, I am building a Volumio server with an Odroid C2. I have alot of unused space on my eMMC card, is it possible to use it for music storage?

Story:
I ordered a 128Gb linux eMMC card with my oDroid C2, but then decided to utilize it for Volumio. I have burned the Volumio image to the card and all is working perfectly fine.(except Spotify, but that is a different story)

So I have 115 Gb of unused space on my eMMC card. Is there a way to format and utilize this for music storage that Volumio will recognize??

I am currently trying to do this with Windows 10. Disk management shows it as Health(primary partition) 115.08Gb

I am not very adept at linux, so any help would be appreciated.

THANKS

Hi,
you should not do anything yourself as the 3rd partition of the emmc (or SD, wherever you boot from) gets resized to the max. available storage space on Volumio’s first boot, means your 115Gb are available already.
You can access this storage space from a Windows or Linux PC. Look for Volumio on the network, it publishes a share called “internal storage”. Just drop your files in it.
After that all you need to do a “Re-Scan” or “Update” in the Volumio UI. The files will then show up in the Music Library under INTERNAL.
There could still be an issue with it, it seems to me the library is not persistent and gets rebuild after reboot.
Please check that and report this as an error if it is still the case.

-Gé-

Fantastic!

Thanks for the help… I looked right over the shared folder…

‘There could still be an issue with it, it seems to me the library is not persistent and gets rebuild after reboot.
Please check that and report this as an error if it is still the case.’

The Music library has been persistent through several reboots… Seems to work great!