use a Volumio-setup as an extra set of speakers via UPnP?

Hi!

I would like to use my Volumio-unit as an additional pair of speakers. My main speakers are connected to my Ubuntu 14.04 computer. I also want to stream the audio via WiFI, so I would like to use Volumio’s UPnP/DLNA capabilities. Does anyone here got exprience with this?

So far I have used PulseAudio and a thin DLNA-server to PulseAudio (https://github.com/masmu/pulseaudio-dlna), which makes it possible to choose volumio as an sound output device. When choosing volumio as the output device, audio is playing from the Pi as expected. My problem now is how to have simultaneous output to both Volumio and my main speakers. Have any of you solved or tried anything to solve this?

Update:
I have managed to output to my normal speakers and simultaneous to volumio by running pacmd and adding the module “module-combine-sink” which combines outputs into a new output device. I ran the following in pacmd: load-module module-combine-sink sink_name=combined slaves=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo,volumio

The problem I’m facing now is that the are out of sync, which unfortunately was expected. I think they are something like 3 seconds apart. Solutions to this anyone? :confused: