USB DAC problem after some time (worked great at first)

Hello,

It happened that my USB DAC suddenly stopped working from Volumio. The dmesg log contained messages like the below. Each time I connected, and disconnected, the device number figure increased. I stopped, started, rebooted, etc etc, nothing helped. However, a fresh SD card with Volumio immediately helped. So, there is some state stored on the card that I got rid of by starting fresh.
What could that be? Because next time it happens, I rather delete a file with “corrupt state”, then flash a new image.

Claes

[ 2676.966433] udevd[4392]: starting version 175
[ 2948.905582] usb 1-1.3: USB disconnect, device number 7
[ 2950.417059] usb 1-1.3: new full-speed USB device number 8 using dwc_otg
[ 2950.577409] usb 1-1.3: config 1 has an invalid interface number: 3 but max is 2
[ 2950.587230] usb 1-1.3: config 1 has an invalid interface number: 3 but max is 2
[ 2950.597006] usb 1-1.3: config 1 has an invalid interface number: 3 but max is 2
[ 2950.606623] usb 1-1.3: config 1 has an invalid interface number: 3 but max is 2
[ 2950.616215] usb 1-1.3: config 1 has no interface number 2
[ 2950.639791] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=1852, idProduct=7022
[ 2950.648767] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 2950.658212] usb 1-1.3: Product: ARGON DAC1
[ 2950.664229] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: Firestone Audio Co., Ltd
[ 2950.693005] input: Firestone Audio Co., Ltd ARGON DAC1 as /devices/platform/bcm2708_usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3:1.0/input/input4
[ 2950.714810] hid-generic 0003:1852:7022.0005: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.00 Device [Firestone Audio Co., Ltd ARGON DAC1] on usb-bcm2708_usb-1.3/input0