UPnP controllers or MPD clients for Kindle Fire

Hi All,

As per the title I have a spare Kindle Fire and would like to use it with a Music Player Daemon software or as UPnP controller for my Volumio. So far I am really struggling to find any good software.

For MPD
I found MPDMan, it works but there is no album art and the way it handles the albums is really clumsy. I don’t think anyone else in the house would use it.

For UPnP controllers
I found Linn Kinsky, This app appears to be rubbish, it takes ages to find volumio and when it does work it only plays single tracks, I cannot seem to configure it to play a whole album.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers
Ian

The first Kindle Fire is based on android 2.3 (gingerbread). So it is possible to use android’s APK files to install an app.

I could recommend Sound@Home, works great with volumio. But i don’t know if it works on 2.3. It is possible that there was an update and your running a newer version (don’t ask me how to check, use google :wink: )
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … .soundhome
sound-home-android-app-for-multi-rooms-and-other-t21.html

MPDroid, looks good, heard a lot about it on this forum, personally i never used it. play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ev.mpdroid
Droid MPD Client, I have used this one kinda like it because its simple but nothing special. play.google.com/store/apps/deta … dmpdclient