Unable to install or uninstall Spotify

----------------------------- Delete here & above before posting below -----------------

I’m running Volumio 3.324, and am unable to either install or uninstall the Spotify plugin. When trying to uninstall, I get the message:

Uninstalling plugin spop
An error occurred while uninstalling the plugin: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘volumio_info’ of undefined

When trying to install the plugin (v3.0.6), I get:

Installing plugin
An error occurred while installing the plugin Error: Plugin spop already exists

Is there a way to manually uninstall? Or should I try doing a complete fresh install of Volumio?

@Halloran Strange. Is the Spotify version a very old one? You should also uninstall all Spotify plugins, including Connect if you still have that. Always restart Volumio after uninstall (if you eventually get that far!) and before re-installing.

Still, if it’s not too much bother, a clean install will clear this up.

@SimonE On this Pi, the Spotify plugin was probably originally installed quite a long time ago. But since it seems only half installed, I can’t tell the version. And I’ve restarted a million times in this process.

At the end of the day, doing a re-image is probably a good idea anyway. I don’t have much in the way of customization (just the NAS config) anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hi. You can remove the folder

rm -Rf /data/plugins/music_service/spop

And reboot

Getting lots of errors like:

rm: cannot remove '/data/plugins/music_service/spop/node_modules/util-deprecate/browser.js': Structure needs cleaning

which seems to indicate that the sd might be failing… Given how long this one has been running seems totally reasonable.

Thanks for helping me to run the issue down!