Umlauts shown incorrect

Just saw that umlauts are messed up.
The webradio station shows: Ihr h?rt
It should be: Ihr hört

I think the problem is in MPD, what station exposed this behavior and what does MPD show?

It is 1live:
wdr.de/wdrlive/media/einslive.m3u

But they don’t always have umlauts in the stream.

What do you mean by “what does MPD show”?

I’ve added the 1LIVE station, but naturally no umlauts when I listen… As said, you can query MPD (or more precisely; MPC) by calling the mpc command when you’ve SSH-ed into your client.

Example:

volumio@volumiolcd:~$ mpc 1Live, Westdeutscher Rundfunk Koeln: Sofi Tukker - Drinkee [playing] #1/1 0:07/0:00 (0%) volume: 40% repeat: off random: off single: off consume: off volumio@volumiolcd:~$

If the umlauts are shown there; the translation problem is in Volumio, else it’s in MPD or the propagated info from the station.

Yes also in Putty

volumio@volumio:~$ mpc 1Live, Westdeutscher Rundfunk Koeln: 1LIVE mit Kammel und K?hler * Mit Matthias Kammel * Die t?gliche, aktuelle Morgen-Show in 1LIVE [playing] #1/1 30:43/0:00 (0%) volume: n/a repeat: off random: off single: off consume: off

I see I forgot a very important question, which version are you on?

Because if I open a song with an umlaut (which took me some time to find in my collection, found it in pop), I see the umlaut correctly (see attachment).
However it is somewhat distored in the terminal

volumio@volumiolcd:~$ mpc Skrillex, Diplo, Justin Bieber - Where Are à Now [playing] #1/1 0:05/4:10 (2%) volume: 40% repeat: off random: off single: off consume: off volumio@volumiolcd:~$

So MPC might not always be right… weird (still no umlaut in 1LIVE for me though tonight).
umlaut.png

Odroid C2 v2.344

Does the problem persist when playing from NAS?
And if so, are you using a CIFS share or NFS? (In the case of NFS, try CIFS please)