UI suitable for classical music

Hello,

before installing Volumio I had a quick look at the UI and it appears to be made around the old and lacking Artist/Album/Song paradigm suitable for popular music. Since I would like to be able to browse and listen classical music, an interface that follows a structure such as Composer -> Oeuvre -> Performer -> Recording would be more suitable.

Is there such an alternative UI or UI-mode, or if not, are there any plans to produce one, or if not, how difficult would it be do make one? It may well depend on the music source being used, but all ID3v2 should carry all necessary metadata.

Kind regards,
peter

Hello,
For your information, I have cross posted on the pydpiper repo in issue #120 as support for composer/oeuvre/part/performer would be needed there, too.
Regards,
peter

Good morning, as an update to this thread, the future version pydpiper will be mostly agnostic to tags in its core, will consume metadata from a music player and display tags referenced in pages. As such, if a player such as Volumio is able to produce performer, composer, oeuvre and part as additional metadata for classical music, it will be easy to display that on any device. Perhaps a thought for consideration.
Regards, peter.