Two streams play at the same time...

Hi there,
I have installed Volumio 2031 on an Raspi 3. (No other hardware installed)

Everthing worked out of the box except for some hickups:
While playing a song from NAS my wife started a Spotifiy Song from her device. The NAS kept playing and Alex Clare and Beyonce do not match well together :unamused: This also sometimes happens when choosing Webradio.

Sometimes, there is a lot of waiting until my Playlists, the NAS oder Spotify comes up with results. But that might be caused by my Gen. N wifi?

Thanks for that great piece of software,
fabwal

Update:
Did some digging…
Does seem to be a problem of the Spotifiy Plugin. The switch over from NAS to Webradio did work fine.
volumio:3000/dev on the first try gave me two parallel streams from the status array when starting a spotifiy stream. The next tries it updated the streams according to the actual song playing while the other stream played unstoppable in the background.

I face the same problem I think. I use multiple devices to control Volumio: a Windows laptop and an Android phone. Reguarly I lose control over the music. I cannot start webradio or a spotify song anymore. I don’t know exactly how to reproduce, but it happens when playing NAS, spotify and webradio, mixed. I resolve it by rebooting the rasp. pi, which is quite annoying.

• How did acquire information of the streams currently active? Note I’m quite familiar with the linux shell…

• Is there a quicker way to recover, other than rebooting the Pi?

I’m running volumio on a raspberry Pi 1, 512MB

Hi folks,
quick update:
After updating to 2041 the problem still persists.

Anyone else having that issue?
Is there a seperate thread for the spotify plugin, because thats the cause of the problem…

Thanks,
Fabian

I’m running Volumio on a Pi 1 b+ as well and the issue is not solely with Spotify. (In fact, Spotify fails to work anyway…) I’ve found that playing songs over airplay and from a mounted NFS share can play simultaneously as well.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Fixed it yesterday, new build coming soon

Curious

@michelangelo looking forward to your fix. It would make volumio near perfect…

Kodos

Know this is an old post, but the same issue has cropped up for me. And fairly new to Volumio myself.

On a Raspberry Pi 3 A+ using internal hardware (headphone jack). If local music is playing and Spotify is connected it both local playlist and Spotify start playing over the top of each other.

I’m on version 3.449.