Tutorial - Update MPD to Version mpd-0.19.10

Following on from my Previous Tutorial tutorial-update-mpd-version-t642.html

if you want step by step guide, follow my previous tutorial and change the steps for mpd-0.19.10

apt-get update
apt-get install build-essential gcc automake libtool flex bison gdb libicu-dev libboost-dev libglib2.0-dev

cd /root
mkdir temp
cd temp

wget http://www.musicpd.org/download/mpd/stable/mpd-0.19.10.tar.xz
tar xvJf mpd-0.19.10.tar.xz
cd mpd-0.19.10

sh autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install

strip /usr/local/bin/mpd

mv /usr/bin/mpd /usr/bin/mpd_old
ln -s /usr/local/bin/mpd /usr/bin/mpd

/etc/init.d/mpd start

Done

Hi,

Thanks for the tutorial. However I encounter some error when following the instructions.

checking for boostlib >= 1.46... configure: We could not detect the boost libraries (version 1.46 or higher). If you have a staged boost library (still not installed) please specify $BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-boost option. If you are sure you have boost installed, then check your version number looking in <boost/version.hpp>. See http://randspringer.de/boost for more documentation. configure: error: Boost not found root@volumio:~/temp/mpd-0.19.10# make make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop. root@volumio:~/temp/mpd-0.19.10# make install make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.

How do I fix this boostlib issue?

Do we need to stop MPD first?

/etc/init.d/mpd stop
sudo apt-get install libboost-dev

It does not work

root@volumio:~/temp/mpd-0.19.10# make make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop. root@volumio:~/temp/mpd-0.19.10# make install make: *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop. root@volumio:~/temp/mpd-0.19.10#

if you enter it

root@volumio:~/temp/mpd-0.19.10# sudo apt-get -f install libboost-dev

is output

Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done libboost-dev is already the newest version. You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these: The following packages have unmet dependencies: libboost-dev : Depends: libboost1.55-dev but it is not installable E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

sorry for my English

apt-get install build-essential gcc automake libtool flex bison gdb libicu-dev libboost-dev libglib2.0-dev

I’m quite late to the party…
BUT, I’d like to thank @dakku for the guide. I’ve just installed MPD 0.19.19 on Volumio 1.55. I’m using the old version of Volumio since I’ve installed it on a Raspberry Pi first version, and Volumio 2 is too slow on this hardware.
Now with MPD 0.19.19, and no other tricks (read about MinimServer, …), I’m able to listen to web radios with .m3u8 URL. Finally!!!