Trouble connecting RPi to my home wifi

@macpmi
The wifi is working fine with Raspbian…
Regards

@champ
Do you have a mean to attach a HDMI screen and USB keyboard to your Pi?
This would be helpful to diagnose things when no network is available, logging under console with volumio:volumio as user:pass

I assume you turned OFF Hotspot function (and saved) in Volumio Network settings preference panel, in order to connect in client mode to your home Wifi.

First can you have ethernet plugged-in and check in that situation you can have both Pi3 ethernet and onboard wifi configured & working.
Can you then type this under console:ifconfig > /boot/issue0.txt sudo iwconfig >> /boot/issue0.txt lsmod >> /boot/issue0.txt sudo journalctl >> /boot/issue0.txt
Then hot-unplug ethernet (not rebooting): is Pi losing wifi ?
Can you then type this under console:ifconfig > /boot/issue1.txt sudo iwconfig >> /boot/issue1.txt lsmod >> /boot/issue1.txt sudo journalctl >> /boot/issue1.txt
Then reboot Pi without ethernet: I guess you still do not have wifi? Then log in console and typeifconfig > /boot/issue2.txt sudo iwconfig >> /boot/issue2.txt lsmod >> /boot/issue2.txt sudo journalctl >> /boot/issue2.txt
Turn off your Pi, remove SD, and obtain the generated files mounting SD:/boot on another machine.
You may inspect them (check no sensitive passwords are inside) and copy them into pastebin or similar and give URL here for review.

changed topic title to better reflect contents of this thread … easier than trying to unpick into two separate ones

If the OP objects then please let me know :slight_smile:

@ chsims1
I’m not sure how to make myself very clear … I never have ethernet and wifi that work together … in fact the wifi never works!

Sorry chsims1, in fact my post was for macmpi !
regards

Ok.
But if you want some help, please provide some log info so that we can try to figure-out what’s happening.
If you can have device with working ethernet, at that time please set (and save) Hotspot to OFF.
Then provide the logs, and reboot without ethernet and provide the logs again.