Track no. sorting

Hi,
I am new to Volumio.
When I connected to my NAS and add songs in the playlist, the songs in the album are in alphabetic order, but not according to its track-tag.
anyway to solve this ?
Thanks

jymchan01

Are the track numbers properly set? By default it should sort on track number, like any decent player.
You can check this easily: under My Music in the settings there is an option to Show Track Numbers in the library.

Thanks .
Yes, I have turned the track no. option ON, however when seeing the NAS folder or album, the track no. is not shown and no correct sorting

If no track number is shown, it most likely means that this metadata is missing; in other words, the track number is not correctly set in the files itself. MPD reads the tracks from the metadata (data about the song stored in the file itself), not from the filename.

To verify, can you access the NAS with another machine and open the properties of one of these files where the track number is missing? In the properties you should be able to see all metadata.

I have the same problem. If a use, for example, Vox on a Mac the order are ok. This, I suppose, means that the metadata are perfect.
Any solution?

Yeah this is definitely a real problem (not overly serious I know, but nonetheless…).

Track numbers are listed in the browse menu and the selection is in track number order, but once the selection goes into the queue, they are sorted on filename.

Surely this is trivial to fix?

I have the same problem too. My music has all the correct ID tags but my network connected music is displaying songs alphabetically rather than per track number. I have updated Music Library Settings to show the track numbers.

This is frustrating.

Have same problem when playing tracks from NAS. Files have the tracknumber in the tags, “Show track numbers” is on, and track are displayed with tracknumber as prefix. But the order is not on track number. See attachment 1. Filename order is on tracknumber, see attachment 2.
volumio-track-order2.png
volumio-track-order.png

Track number isn’t the same as the filename though.
01 First Song.flac Goodband 01 Debutalbum
02 Second Song.flac Goodband 04 Debutalbum
03 Third Song.flac Goodband – Debutalbum
04 Fourth Song.flac Goodband 02 Debutalbum

That might result in the songs being listed as 01 First Song, 04 Fourth Song, 02 Second Song, 03 Third Song

Check that the Track (or Track #) tag is correct and matched your filename numbering.

Track no’s are correct in the tags, as displayed in Volumio. Perhaps remove the trackno prefix from the filename?
volumio-track-order3.png

I have my files pretty much the same as you.
01 Song One.flac as the filename, then 01 as the Track number. I’m not having the sorting issue that you’re experiencing.

Maybe remove one album (that’s giving trouble on Volumio) by moving the files to a computer (or copy then delete).
Use a different tag editor to go through the files carefully and check that the numbering of tracks is consistent.
Things like consistent use of leading zero or not; 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Things like track number being consistent with the filename (if numbering is used in the filename); 01 Song One.flac Track # 01

I’m on a PC and I’ve been using MP3Tag and it’s given me good results with relative ease. I had inconsistent tagging of Artist, Album, Track # and other things, it was messing up the display of artists and albums under Volumio.

Hi,

I just started using Volumio, and have the same problem with my QNAP NAS TS-251. All songs on my NAS are shown in Volumio in alphabetical order. But I already had the same problem on my Android phone with all kind of media/network players. Even VLC.
Today I dug a little deeper in to this. I copied some albums from my NAS on an USB-Stick, and voilá, suddenly the order of the songs was correct! I then read some discussions in various forums (eg. https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=80663) and came to the following conclusion:
It is not a Volumio related problem, but a QNAP related problem. And this problem/bug (or is it a feature? :wink: ) is know since 2013!!! And as it seems QNAP does not bother about it.
This problem is really annoying and I think my next NAS will be from some other company.

Kind regards,
Joe

Same problem here: Metadata is correct, order is not. This was while the library was updating.

Volumio got the correct order after the library finished updating, however.

Works fine on my QNAP.