Touch using Plugin and Pimoroni Hyperpixel 4.0 touchscreen d

Sorry for not being clear: Empty /data/volumiokiosk is not o.k.

At least permissions on /data/volumiokiosk are o.k.

I will do further checks when I am back at home and have access to my Volumio system.

Let’s check the version of X and chromium-browser please:

X -version
chromium-browser -version

Additionally you could watch journalctl logging for errors when you enable the plugin and while it starts by running sudo journalctl -f

Also: Would you mind to uninstall the plugin and reinstall it? Just in case some of the packages the install scripts tries to download had not been accessible during the initial installation of the plugin… You can follow the installation process “live” using journalctl -f as described before.

I’ve run out of space! (apparently). While progressing the touchscreen orientation issue (https://github.com/pimoroni/hyperpixel4/issues/58) I’ve tried to install dkms. this progresses well until the last few steps:

Setting up linux-image-3.6-trunk-rpi (3.6.9-1~experimental.1+rpi7) ... dpkg-divert: error: cannot copy '/usr/share/rpikernelhack/System.map-3.6-trunk-rpi' to '/boot/System.map-3.6-trunk-rpi.dpkg-divert.tmp': failed to write (No space left on device) Running depmod. depmod: FATAL: could not load /boot//System.map-3.6-trunk-rpi: No such file or directory Error setting debconf flags in linux-image-3.6-trunk-rpi/postinst/depmod-error-initrd-3.6-trunk-rpi: Unsupported command "removing" (full line was "Removing 'diversion of /boot/vmlinuz-3.6-trunk-rpi to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/vmlinuz-3.6-trunk-rpi by rpikernelhack'") received from confmodule. at /var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-image-3.6-trunk-rpi.postinst line 495, <STDIN> line 3. dpkg: error processing package linux-image-3.6-trunk-rpi (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2 Setting up make (4.0-8.1) ... Setting up patch (2.7.5-1+deb8u1) ... Setting up binutils (2.25-5+deb8u1) ... Setting up libgcc-4.9-dev:armhf (4.9.2-10+deb8u1) ... Setting up gcc-4.9 (4.9.2-10+deb8u1) ... Setting up gcc (4:4.9.2-2) ... Setting up dkms (2.2.0.3-2) ... Setting up libfakeroot:armhf (1.20.2-1) ... Setting up fakeroot (1.20.2-1) ... update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/fakeroot-sysv to provide /usr/bin/fakeroot (fakeroot) in auto mode update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/es/man1/fakeroot.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/es/man1/fakeroot-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn't exist update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/es/man1/faked.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/es/man1/faked-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn't exist update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/fr/man1/fakeroot.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/fr/man1/fakeroot-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn't exist update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/fr/man1/faked.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/fr/man1/faked-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn't exist update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/sv/man1/fakeroot.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/sv/man1/fakeroot-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn't exist update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/sv/man1/faked.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/sv/man1/faked-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn't exist Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u10) ... Errors were encountered while processing: linux-image-3.6-trunk-rpi E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

The cp shell command makes the same claim. It’s a 64Gb SD card, but perhaps it’s been partitioned frugally (understandable as it’s supposed to be ‘headless’). “apt-get clean” and “apt-get autoremove” haven’t solved the problem and even pops up a similar error:

volumio@volumio-study:~$ sudo apt-get autoremove Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded. 1 not fully installed or removed. After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used. Setting up linux-image-3.6-trunk-rpi (3.6.9-1~experimental.1+rpi7) ... dpkg-divert: error: cannot copy '/usr/share/rpikernelhack/System.map-3.6-trunk-rpi' to '/boot/System.map-3.6-trunk-rpi.dpkg-divert.tmp': failed to write (No space left on device) Running depmod. depmod: FATAL: could not load /boot//System.map-3.6-trunk-rpi: No such file or directory Error setting debconf flags in linux-image-3.6-trunk-rpi/postinst/depmod-error-initrd-3.6-trunk-rpi: Unsupported command "no" (full line was "No diversion 'diversion of /boot/vmlinuz-3.6-trunk-rpi by rpikernelhack', none removed.") received from confmodule. at /var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-image-3.6-trunk-rpi.postinst line 495, <STDIN> line 3. dpkg: error processing package linux-image-3.6-trunk-rpi (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2 Errors were encountered while processing: linux-image-3.6-trunk-rpi E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Do I need to resize the partitions, or is something else going on here?! Thanks for your time.

As my issue appears to be different to the original issue in this thread, I am starting a new post “Touch plugin V1.1.7 installation problem”, and will post results to the remaining questions. This I hope will avoid cross confusion between the two issues.

@Tom4c
The error happens when copying “System.map-3.6-trunk-rpi” into a tmp file on the boot partition which is pretty small. I have no idea if it would be advisable to change the size of this partition. Maybe dpkg-divert (which seems to invoke the copy process) has an option to change the destination where the tmp file gets placed. But I have to admit: I have no knowledge about that unfortunately. :cry:

Yes, good idea. New thread: https://forum.volumio.org/touch-plugin-installation-problem-t14192.html

@Tom4c
Sorry for derailing your thread quite a bit. :wink: