Tinker Board 2 Compatibility

Unfortunately there are no plans for tinkerboard 2/s board support.
There is no real demand for Volumio on rk3399 based devices, which would be needed to justify the amount of work and the maintenance afterwards.

Youā€™re wrong, there is demand. I bought the Tinker Board 2 and all the components for assembling the Volumio player. It turns out all in vain?

Iā€™m afraid so. But there may be another Community Dev, willing to create a community porting for Tinkerboard 2.

My Primo tinker board S eMMC memory is defective, volumio on usb card works.

Dutch site, sold S R2.0. I was unable to purchase the S.
R2.0 already does a lot, with HAT audio card, usb to my Tentlabs b-dac works.
Tip supplied cooling block touches the hat !!!
Only basic listening tests have been done, but are very hopeful.

The processor is also an RK3288 but this one is an RK 3288-GG.W and is faster.
Changes in hardware that donā€™t work yet.
The combined chip for WiFi and Bluetooth is an upgrade from
RTL8723bs to RTL8723ds, Bluetooth from v4.0 + EDR to v4.2 + EDR
Internal audio RTL ALC4040 Codec to ALC4030U Codec
My priority now is: the new wifi driver.
My knowledge of adding drivers is limited.
Can Volumio team help me, to add RTL8723DS?

Are there any plans for Volumio to support replacing the S for the S R2.0?

1 Like

Youā€™re talking quite interestingly! And why buy a deliberately outdated SBC in 2022.
So I bought a Khadas VIM1 board for a trial. I tried Volume 3 on it. I liked the program. I am now choosing a new board for assembling a player/network player/streamer. I see that there is support for Thinkerboard, and you wrote that only Raspberry and Thinkerboard will be supported. Well, naturally I want to buy the latest generation, so your product will develop and require more resources.

I would really like to see the porting of the product under Tinkerboard 2/2S. Since this board is more modern and it will be possible to build a player on it for several more years.

In general, I wanted to buy KHADASH VIM3 Pro, but you said that support would not be provided.

So which version of ASUS Tinkerboard is supported? and which ones will be supported in the future? (in the plans)

• Tinker Board
  • Tinker Board S
  • Tinker Board S R2.0
  • Tinker Board R2.0
  • Tinker Board 2
  • Tinker Board 2S
1 Like

Really would like to know this too, seems like an omission not to visible state which asus tinker boards that are supported on the download pageā€¦

From what I gather 2 boards are not supported, but S R.20 are ?

Thank you!

Only the first two on your list. The R2.0 are not supported either, but may partly work (without working WiFi).

Thank you for the clarification, why not have that information readily available on the Volumio OS download page ?

Seems like going with an Asus Tinker board is kind of pointless, in the EU the two first are very hard to find unless you shop on the used market.