TIDAL Native Plugin - My Music Tracks Not Working Correctly

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: 2.882
Hardware: Raspberry Pi4 8GB
DAC: Schiit Asgard 3 w/ Multibit DAC

I’m new to Volumio and I’ve signed up for the trial subscription. It looks like I’ve encountered a bug, as I’ve done another fresh install of the Volumio image and the issue still remains.

Steps to recreate:

1. Click TIDAL
  2. Under “My music” select tracks
  3. Scroll past one page of tracks
  4. Select a track
    5. Wrong track plays

Workaround:

1. Click TIDAL
  2. Under “My music” select tracks
  3. Scroll past one page of tracks
  4. Using the 3 dots, click play from there
    5. Correct Track plays

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Adding the logs…
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/cijzEDk.html

Please let me know if you need anything else.

bump
Any ideas what is causing this issue? I use my “tracks” a lot within Tidal. It works fine using Tidal connect as a workaround, but it would be nice if native plugin would work and play the correct song upon selection. Please let me know if there are any more logs required. I’ve seen others with the same issue but with no replies / fixes.

Maybe I should cancel my superstar, and wait for some of this to be fixed. It’s a shame, I actually like how Volumio sounds with my DAC.

Alright fixed one plugin, lets see if we can get this fixed.
From what I can see My Music → Tracks is trying to play two songs ahead of my selection. This only happens again with My Music → Tracks, all other playlists appear to be fine.

Updated Logs with example / use case below:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/Sdl4Ygo.html

I select track 134 Who Wants To Live Forever and It plays track 136 My One And Only.
If I play track 133 On & On, it’ll play track 135 Angel Eyes.

Player State

{“status”:“play”,“position”:136,“title”:“My One And Only Love”,“artist”:“Sting”,“album”:“Leaving Las Vegas”,“albumart”:“https://resources.tidal.com/images/3c9bfaec/3aac/4e85/bda2/65f96ab45ca0/640x640.jpg",“uri”:“tidal://song/98947746”,“trackType”:“tidal”,“seek”:212500,“duration”:216,“samplerate”:"44.1 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“bitrate”:“442 Kbps”,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:true,“volume”:"",“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:false,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“tidal”}

If this is reproducible, then I would report it on Github as an issue … GitHub - volumio/Volumio2: Volumio 2 - Audiophile Music Player . In this way it will be properly documented, and hopefully acted upon.

2 Likes

I can submit it there as well :slight_smile:
Happens all the time. Easy workaround I’ve been using is just load the Tidal app and use Tidal Connect to volumio if I want to play my tracks that I’ve saved in Tidal as faves.

Thanks for the suggestion and help!

This randomly happens everywhere on tidal, i think today i managed to make this bug happen in queue aswell, when had songs from multiple services in there, and if i remember correctly atleast Spotify artist view suffers from the same from time to time.

So i would assume the actually bug is in common code(i only use my own android app to play songs for now, but have double checked that when it happens, it does also happen via the webpage)

Personally I have not found a way to reproduce it Everytime, which makes hunting it down bit hard.

Edit: does it only skip a single song if you select from between 10-99? Now when i think it for me it’s only one song skipped usually, and last time when i played with the bug, it did only launch the bug if i tried to select track which is 10th or later in the listing, tracks from 1-9 did play correctly.

I haven’t had your issue yet @Joni_Salminen, but I’ll keep an eye out. Mine is pretty easy to reproduce. As long as you scroll passed the initial screen, the issue starts. Quickest way is to scroll all the way to the bottom and select 3 tracks up :slight_smile:

I’ll stay on the lookout for your issue as well.