I’m new to Volumio and RPI based streamer and have a few questions regarding how it works.
I have a USB MQA decoder (SMSL M500) which can fully decode MQA (so no first unfold needed by the player). I know there are debates on mqa but I need to get it work as Tidal is the only hires option where I live. I want a setup the system so that I can use my iPhone to control bit-perfect playback of my DSDs (on NAS via SMB) and Tidal master. I saw some review mentioning Mconnect player on iOS can send Tidal Master/local DSDs bit-perfect to Volumio, which then forward to USB DAC for decoding MQA and DSD. My questions are:
- Has anybody tried it and does it work for Tidal MQA and local DSD files?
- Does the music play through Mconnect on iOS or it just send the URL and Volumio stream directly from Tidal or NAS?
- I noticed there is a paid option “MyVolumio” which seems to have native Tidal integration. Does it support MQA and what are the benefits of MyVolumio vs free version?
- Any suggestion for high SQ usb hardware which support Volumio?
- I currently use Logitech Harmony to control all devices, can Harmony be used power on/off and playback in Volumio?
Any help is appreciated!