Tidal connect with desktop app

Hi I am running now volumio on raspberry pi 3b. Using volumio 2.878. Works great in general. But I can not use tidal connect with my desktop app normally. I have to connect with phone first. The volumio icon is not visable only if I start tidal on my phone first. And after that the desktop app (win10).

is that volumiox 1.4 ? there is a 1.4 version that works after installing the 1.3 version
but don’t know if it’s working with tidal… i’m pi4 / 3.010 version and volumiox 1.4 now… /win10 latest update

my systemname is Volumiox (but version 2.878)

there is a 1.4 version that works after installing the 1.3 version
but don’t know if it’s working with tidal… i’m pi4 / 3.010 version and volumiox 1.4 now… /win10 latest update

I do not understand volumiox 1.4 ? what is that?

thx #dvo did not notice that app before :slight_smile:

no problem still learning a lot my self…

I mean the tidal desktop app there is no icon for volumio. Only if I use the phone app from tidal I can use the tidal desktop app. Think it is a tidal problem not volumio.

I clear cache Tidal app, reset the appdata (in help>troubelshouting), rebooted windows10 and it looks or it is working now. Fingers crosssed.

1 Like

:scream_cat: Fingers crosssed.

Thanks for this feedback!

today I started up mij windows pc and volumio is gone again.DIt reboot volumio and pc still no volumio icon in the tidal app. Spotify connect works fine. Nor problems there.
Is there a way to debug this behaviour?

I did two thing again clear cache and reset app data. But it also seems that my dac has to be enabled (output device) That I am not shure of.

Yeah youre output device (dac) should be enabled. But with spotify connect this is not the case. Strange.

Same here - reboot of the PC lets show up the Volumio device in the Tidal Desktop App.

I have to reboot volumio regualery to keep tidal connect working. Only the android tidal app is working normally.
The windows app I have to clear cache and reset app to get the windows app working. I notice tidal about it on my latest mail no response.

Sorry if it’s an old thread but same topic.
I’ve noticed using tidal connect from desktop, the first track doesn’t exactly play - need to skip to the next (and or then skip back to the first one) for sound to start. Just checking if this is normal or a bug (My Daily Discovery).
Cheers,