Tidal connect sync issues

Hi,

I have been getting these problems for over a year now and I’m getting tired of paying for a software when it doesn’t work properly… So before giving up, I’ll try to resolve it. It may be my own fault, who knows!

So here’s the setup:
Allo Digione Signature with Shanti power supply, Raspberry Pi 3B+, ethernet only. Running Volumio 3.378, but I have been getting these errors before on multiple different versions and many clean install trials…

The problem: the music often skips to further in the song or simply stops playing and hangs until I skip to another track. When I play from Tidal directly on my computer (straight to my DAC), I almost never get these glitches.

When the music skips forward, I get these errors in the log:

[tisoc] [warning] [logger.cpp:22] [flac_decoder.cpp:276] FLACDecoder::error_callback FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_STATUS_LOST_SYNC
[tisoc] [warning] [logger.cpp:22] [flac_decoder.cpp:276] FLACDecoder::error_callback FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_STATUS_FRAME_CRC_MISMATCH
[tisoc] [warning] [logger.cpp:22] [flac_decoder.cpp:276] FLACDecoder::error_callback FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_STATUS_LOST_SYNC

Hopefully I can get a solution and stay with Volumio, otherwise I’ll have to migrate to another streaming hardware/software platform…

Regards,

Benjamin

Hi. Thanks for reporting this.

We are currently updating the tidal implementation in collaboration with tidal themselves. This is issue is being looked after