Tidal Connect + gapless playback

Hi,
I have searched for this in the forums but didn’t find an answer:

I’m running Tidal Connect through an RPi4 and the Topping E30 DAC connected through USB. Volumio version is 2.882

The problem for me is that I can’t make the combination to play gaplessly. It’s not a big deal, but I’m nervous I can’t make it work :frowning:

So, is there a way to make Tidal/Tidal Connect to play gaplessly on the RPi? If it’s important, I’m using a Samsung mobile phone as a controller.

Thanks,
Vlada

I have the same setup (RPi4 via USB to a Topping E30 DAC) and albums play gaplessly through Tidal Connect and through Tidal inside Volumio. Try Pink Floyd’s The Wall to test.

1 Like

Thanks, it seams that it works: I’m listening to The Wall from Tidal through Bubble UPnP at the moment and it is gapless.

Will try the RPi/E30 combinatiom tomorrow - that combo is in the living room where my wife is watching the Eurovision Song Contest now with my daughter… :persevere: so, I’m banned from there…

Thanks again
Vlada

1 Like

Hello,
So, I’ve tried to get TIDAL Connect to gaplessly playback on my RPi/Topping E30 combination, using Volumio, but it does not work. Pauses are inserted between songs. Whatever I did, I couldn’t make it gapless.
It’s not like I’m gonna cancel my Volumio subscription over this, but it IS annoying and I know that gapless playback on Volumio should work.
Does anyone have any ideas regarding this?
Thanks
Vlada