Pi2Design 503HTA Hybrid Tube DAC
It’s an hybrid Tube DAC\Headphone AMP\ Preamplifier.
HOW TO USE IT WITH VOLUMIO
- Write Volumio to your SD Card
- Attach the 503HTA Hybrid Tube DAC to your PI
- Boot it up
- Install and enable the 503HTA Plugin (from accessories category)
- From playback options, enable I2S DAC and select 503HTA Hybrid Tube DAC-
- You will be asked to reboot, just do it
- This DAC does not have ANY hardware Volume control that Volumio can directly control. To ensure the best audio quality, we suggest to use the handy phisical Volume potentiometer. If you want to control Volume directly from Volumio, just enable software mixer from playback options.
If used with Raspberry PI3, Wi-fi MUST be disabled (or use an external wi-fi dongle). Unfortunately the gate of the FETs ends up just above the wireless antenna, resulting in an audible noise when Wi-Fi is in use.
This thread will be the reference for technical discussions and help regarding this DAC.