The future of MyVolumio: let's shape it together

Michelangelo,

Perhaps you could stimulate more input by providing us with your own roadmap for the future. For example, I’m sure everyone is looking forward to the release of the new user interface. Is there a date for release?

Excellent thread…!!!

First of all a big thank you for developing Volumio.
To me there are three wishes:
-TIDAL functionality like their own app
-more Rip-functionality esp. precise tags and filenames
-to show tag-embedded lyrics
Thanks for your support!

Hello
Of course, I’m still ultra satisfied with Volumio. :smiley:

When I hear music with Qobuz (I almost only hear with Qobuz …), the queuelist does not show the playing time of each track.
Is it possible that the playing time of the tracks are also displayed?

regards
rost21A

Thank you for developing Volumio and supporting the community!

I know this has been said a few times already, but I would definitely appreciate closer functionality to the Tidal app. This was the main reason I paid for a subscription.

Features like “My Mixes” and “My Favourites” and only available through the Tidal app and I use them all the time. I have found myself having to fall back to using BubbleUPNP recently on my phone as this app looks basic but has all the Tidal functionality and sends it to my Volumio device.

Keep up the good work!

I’d like to throw my hat in for the improved Tidal implementation, especially “My Mixes.” I just got an Allo USBridge, and the Tidal implementation is pretty good (definitely a big step up from my Chromecast Audio), but like the previous poster, I find I’m really missing things. The “My Mixes” is probably the biggest. I don’t use it all the time, but when I’m craving a mix, that’s the first place I go. Thanks!

Thank you guys for all your feedbacks!
We are working hard to bring the best functionalities to TIDAL and QOBUZ integration.

And… as many of you have asked… Here’s a work in progress screenshot of our revamped UI:

If all goes well we will add it as a special option in Volumio in about 2 weeks

I would like to suggest some changes to the mobile app for phones, and small devices. The album cover art is obscured by the playback status, it looks great on iPads and other tablets though. Thanks

Yes, we are working on the mobile part now. And yes the albumart will be full size

Great

I’m a Qobuz Studio user and the sound quality is spectacular with MyVolumio. Please do keep the upgrades coming for Qobuz integration.

In particular, it would be a big step if we could add tracks to a Qobuz playlist from within Volumio. With this, I’ll be closer to not having to use the Qobuz app in my sessions.

The other nice add would be providing the Qobuz artist information.

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

Great work, really looking forward to the new UI :slight_smile:

Thank you for listening to users to help improve user experience of Volumio :slight_smile:

Thank you again for continuing to refine and improve Volumio.

This new UI looks great! Let me know if you need any beta testing of any of the UI or Tidal integrations, as I would have happy to do so and give feedback.

Make USB cd player plugin free. Only for listen a CD.

Inviato dal mio SM-A600FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi,

I have two volumio systems @home based on x86 systems. I have a my volumio plan virtuoso.
I’d like to have an additional tile inthe main browing page that would show the latest 100 albums additions in a local or Nas based library. Kind of similar to the last 100 songs listened to but for albums added to the library. One usually listens to the things he added in last.

I’d also appreciate so more UI customization possibility (stylesheet selection)

and finally SACD iso support.

Keep up with this greqt work ! and congrats on the new UI, looks really promising!!

Hello, i am actually new user of volumio (about 2 months) but i love it. My raspberry pi with volumio banished the pc from the main system. The only drawback is that i cant load any vst plugin (as i usually did on pc platform). If you do something about that volumio would be the ultimate player an audiophile needs. Maybe a simplier way to room equalization (dirac, mathaudio etc) is also welcomed. Keep up evolving volumio guys, thank you.

Lately we are receiving many requests about something like DIRAC or DRC, it’s on our todo list :wink:

Great news! You should check out the mathaudio which is free as foobar plugin and affortable as vst. Dirac is the top shelf but is kinda pricey. Anyway you know better, im sure you’ll find the best solution.

I certainly hope so, because DRC for Volumio plugin by @balbuze rulez! :sunglasses:

P.S. Dirac licence is quite expensive and I have never seen independently done measurements verifying Dirac EQ results

Don’t get the point of DRC. If it’s dynamic range compression, it seems a way of worsening the audio signal, something useful just in case of a crappy hi-fi system. The purpose of volumio from my understanding is the opposite: have a hi-rez, highly dynamic sound purely made available to a decent system of an hi-fi enthusiast.
On the contrary, Dirac is a real improvenment since it reduces room modes and reverberation.
No contest between the two: Dirac is in the future of streaming, as hi-fi industry leading companies confirm (e.g. nad, arcam…)