Still Can't Connect

I’ve been working this for a couple of weeks now and still cannot access Volumio via my network. I’ve reformatted and re-imaged the SD card more than a couple of times with no help. I am using the latest version for Raspberry Pi. Currently my set-up is a RPi 4 (4GB), HiFiBerry DAC Plus, a router and my laptop. Other the one I was able to access the Volumio configuration via Chrome, I have yet to be able to do it again.

I have gone over and over the Quick Start guide and issues surrounding setting up the network. I can still run my RuneAudio card with no issues, I just can’t seem to get the Volumio set-up. I’ve attached a couple of screen shots of some of my observations. I used an app (Advanced IP Scanner) to verify IP addressing. Using this app I can even access the SDD I have my music on and view the contents.

I am running out of hair to pull out .PLEASE, any insight into what is wrong, what I am doing wrong, or how to get my set-up functional will more then greatly appreciated. I so want to get away from Runeaudio.

Thank you in advance for any replies and assistance.

Drive Directory

It looks as though Volumio is running it’s hotspot network at 192.168.211.1. You need to be on the same network to access the UI. Try connecting to the network on your mobile or laptop (password “volumio2”), and then access the UI at 192.168.211.1.

Hey, thanks for the response. It took me a while to get it straightened out, but I think (I’ll withhold absolutes for now, lol) I got it working. I’m not a networking person and I just had troubles getting everything on the same page. It’s playing now and sounds great.

I have a couple questions;

1st, about the home screen that shows the album cover and controls. Is there a setting that will hide the menu on the left of the screen? If I’m using my plasma screen (no I haven’t update that yet) via my laptop, the lettering will cause burn-in.

Also, I’m new to this side of programming, my background has always been Windows-based legacy software. I’m not familiar with Linux or its derivatives. Can someone suggest some material so that I can learn more about this software so that I might be able to contribute someday?

Again, thanks for your help. I look forward to learning more about the player and making tweaks.

No, in answer to your first question. You might want to have a look at Volumio on Github, and in particular the Volumio2-UI section.

Have a look at the documentation for Volumio development for details of the software used. You should be particularly looking at ‘node.js’ for all the background work, ‘Angular.js’ for the frontend, and ‘Express’ for the actual webserver.

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to taking a look at the documentation. If there’s double post I apparently hit the wrong button.

You can disable the left side menu. Select Appearance from it then at the very bottom of the page change User Interface Layout Design from Contemporary to Classic and click Save.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.

Just checked it out, just what I was looking for. Thank you again