Startup library scan

Is it possible to turn off the automatic rescan of the music library on every startup? I have a large music collection on a 2tb external drive and have to wait around 20 minutes for the library rescan to complete before I am able to play any music which is very frustrating.

Volumio uses mpd, at musicpd.org/doc/html/user.h … -directory
the documentation says:

[code]The “music directory” is where you store your music files. MPD stores all relevant meta information about all songs in its “database”. Whenever you add, modify or remove songs in the music directory, you have to update the database, for example with mpc:

mpc update

Depending on the size of your music collection and the speed of the storage, this can take a while.

To exclude a file from the update, create a file called .mpdignore in its parent directory. Each line of that file may contain a list of shell wildcards. Matching files in the current directory and all subdirectories are excluded.[/code]
I haven’t tested this, my collection isn’t that large. Maybe someone can test and report back.

Yes,

do this : SSH to your volumio ( first alow on yourvolumioipaddress/dev page), user name volumio, password volumio

- sudo nano /etc/mpd.conf
- Change line : 
	auto_update    "yes" to auto_update    "no"

- sudo nano /volumio/app/plugins/music_service/mpd/mpd.conf.tmpl
- Change line : 
	auto_update    "yes" to auto_update    "no"

Thank you both for your replies I can now use actually use Volumio with with my large library now that it no longer scans on startup and I can also exclude certain folders with .mpdignore. Happy days :smiley: