Standalone routeur/LAN/WLAn

Hello,

I don’t know if it has been asked or answered before, but I fail on this project:

1. Setup standalone Routeur A (not connected to the web), with WIFI working. This router has a 192.168.2.1 address so all connected devices are apart my Web network (192.168.1.1 via a second router B). Both routers are independant.

It’s done easily and works.

1. Connect Usbridge to that network via Router A. Easily done either by ethernet or wifi (192.168.2.3 IP usually)

The problem is I can’t connect to Volumio with this setup…Usbridge has a valid IP, my phone connects to router network easily (192.168.2.4), I can ping Usbridge and cell phone, but Volumio application on phone (or web browser has the same problem) can’t connect usbridge…

If I connect my router to Internet, things work (i.e access internet from Router A by connecting to Router B)…

I suspect a DNS issue, but can’t solve my problem…

Has someone hints?

Thanks

Laurent

Volumio has had an on and off problem where it won’t work without an active internet connection.
I think the current version might be a “not working without internet” version.

I’m assuming the router gateway address on the second network router is set to the router on the first network.

Network A
Router WAN address is on the 192.168.1.x network with 192.168.1.1 as the gateway and DNS server
Network A clients get 192.168.2.x addresses with 192.168.2.1 as the gateway

Network B
Router WAN address is on the ISP network with a DHCP assigned address and gateway, etc
Network B clients get 192.168.1.x addresses with 192.168.1.1 as the gateway

Hi,

in fact, I want 192.168.2.1 network to be isolated, and just used to connect Usbridge and cellphone for driving Volumio…

My son has no internet in student flat, and I want to try to make a music only network for him…

Router <— Usbridge (LAN or Wifi)
î
|------------- Cellphone (Volumio, wifi)

This setup has no internet access…

Routeur A and B should be independent, the fact is my setup only works when Router B is connected to Router A, so the DNS problem assumption…

Thanks for replying…

Laurent

I contacted support, maybe they have a solution…

The only solution here is to set manually the IP address on the app.
Network discovery does not work with different subnets

Hi,
thanks for your time…
But what “app” refers to?

Static IP in volumio on Usbridge, on cellphone, on routeur?

Thanks…

Laurent

Volumio application, as you wrote…

Hi,

after hours of tests, your hint does not work at all…

I finally found the solution in old gear taking dust…

I use this TP-Link Nano Routeur 750Mbps Wi-Fi AC, and now can enjoy controlling and playing music in a private network without needing internet…

Thanks for your time though…

Laurent