SSH password not recognized

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: 2.873
Hardware: ALLO USBridge signature
DAC:–
All my USB disks are not recognized from Volumio, I tried with a 1 gb lacie and a 1 gb toshiba both formatted FAT 32 and both self powered but Volumio does not see them, I only managed to show him a stick with a few songs :expressionless: to understand something more I tried to access with SSH from my macbook pro 16 but whatever PW you enter in the terminal: volumio or volumio1 or volumio2 the access is always denied, I think I resell the ALLO usbdridge before I even managed to try it …

do you have ssh enabled in dev?

https://volumio.github.io/docs/User_Manual/SSH.html

yes I have enabled it

Did you specify user “volumio” when trying to connect via SSH?

I have no Mac but think the command should look something like

ssh volumio@ip.of.your.volumio

if you are using openssh.

Here the command used:
macbook-pro-di-CT-8:~ CT$ ssh volumio
CT@volumio’s password: volumio
Permission denied, please try again.
CT@volumio’s password: volumio1
CT@volumio’s password: volumio2
… The terminal ask me volumio’s password but “volumio” as pw doesn’t work

here what I find in the live log:

input_userauth_request: invalid user CT [preauth] Started Cleanup of Temporary Directories. pam_unix(sshd:auth): check pass; user unknown pam_unix(sshd:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh ruser= rhost=192.168.1.7 Failed password for invalid user CT from 192.168.1.7 port 60561 ssh2 pam_unix(sshd:auth): check pass; user unknown Failed password for invalid user CT from 192.168.1.7 port 60561 ssh2 Failed password for invalid user CT from 192.168.1.7 port 60561 ssh2 Connection closed by 192.168.1.7 [preauth] PAM 1 more authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh ruser= rhost=192.168.1.7

Try

ssh volumio@volumio.local
Or
ssh volumio@Ip

Where IP is the IP address of the device

1 Like

Great balbuze! it works
many many thanks!!!
:wink:

For me it doesn’t work in both modes. Trying with the IP i get always “permission denied”, with volumio.local no response…

You have to enable ash first. Go in the page IP/Dev to enable it. Of course, IP is the IP address of your device

Yes, i already enabled the ssh and the IP is correct…