SSH doesn't work anymore

Hello,

After Upgrading to the latest volumio 2 Version it occurs that i cannot connect via SSH to my RPi.

Everytime i get this message

Connection to 192.168.0.227 closed by remote host.
Connection to 192.168.0.227 closed.

Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Hi Jonas

I’m not sure what’s happen , but an update from 2.04X or lower breaks SSH.

The quick fix given on the site is to do System -> Delete user data or a Clean install

Thanks i didn’t know that.

Can confirm this on my install as well. I get the error ‘Authentication failed.’ when trying to connect. Maybe wise to put this in the release notes?

Glad to know I’m not the only one with this problem. Already invested hours of trying (and failing) to solve the issue. In my opinion they should edit the changelog that an update will destroy your ssh function :confused: Reinstall is no option (for me)

It’s also broken here. I tried figure out the correct password, for more than an hour - and ran into this post. When i try to login, the connection is lost after first password try.

I’m currently running on 2.118, but i’m not able to update to the latest 2.129. Everything is going fine, but after reboot i’m still in 2.118.

The last few OTAs have done this for me- I think there are some gremlins in the OTA code right now. I tend to download a full image and flash it onto a spare card- configuration from scratch is really fast once you’re familiar with it. That way, if I find any showstopper bugs in the new version, I can just revert to the working one by booting from the other card.

It’s one of the nicest things about tiny computers that boot from flash cards, it makes such things easy :smiley: